Thread: 3rd monitor

i have what i believe to be a S-Video to HDMI cable. I have a 8600GT. I currently have 2 monitors (1 DVI, One VGA (using analog to digital converter)) With the cable and the inputs (view pics) is it possible to use my TV as a 3rd monitor? If yes, what other cable would i need?

I run Vista Ultimate 32bit

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    show us a pic of the backside of the tv to see what kind of inputs it has since none of those ports that are shown in the second pic work with your video card connector.

The first pic has a S-Vidoe(the bottom connector)connection which you might find on your tv if it is not to old and also a component conncetion (the red,blue and green plugs) which would give you a better picture then the s-video. But realize that you when using your tv as a monitor and you also have two monitors connected to the tv you will loose one of the monitor screens because you cant have all three going at once.

So give us a picture of all the connections that are on back of tv so I can give you a good recommendation on how to do it. But I am going to take a guess that since it looks like an older tv to me I think S-video is probably going to be the only way to hook it up.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    The port on your video card will output svideo with an svideo connector.
    If you plug in that adaptor in the first pic it can be used to connect to COMPONENT.

There's no HDMI from what I've seen in the pics but you didn't show the back of the vid card.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I don't have S-Video... I only have a red and white femail connection much like the ones on the front... I know vista supports many monitors (xp supported something like 32)... i guess the 2 monitor restriction is in the graphics card not the environment

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by scottwile View Post
    I don't have S-Video... I only have a red and white femail connection much like the ones on the front...
    Ok it looks like the only way you can hook up your pc to your tv is threw a S-video to Composite connection. See link below for a pic of the cable and were you could bye them.

Cable2Go

Quote Originally Posted by scottwile View Post
    i guess the 2 monitor restriction is in the graphics card not the environment