• Speed of download

41 53.25%
  • Fastest Pretime

24 31.17%
  • Number of leechers

33 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What makes you download off a particular tracker?

fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

Wouldnt number of leechers count as that though?
    not enough, number of hours to seed back torrent is also important.

there are sites where it's easy ( 36 hours - ftn ) and there are sites where it's more difficult ( f*c for example ).
    Yea that is true, but I didnt want to make the poll to large with too many options as the above options are somewhat able to be controlled.

Like I can make it so there are more seeders per torrent...as for speed, the speed is there as all the seeders are on 100mb/s lines for the most part...some are 10mb/s.

The issue is that people arent downloading and it doesnt make sense to me. If a 0day site with a ratio has a pre time of 1 minute and a 0day site without a ratio has a pretime of 3 minutes...which would you download from...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    In order for a tracker to remain healthy active you need seeders. The more the merrier. I don't care if ratio is not a factor. Also you need to have great content, a thriving community, and other incentives to keep a tracker with less seeders and no ratio alive. I don't care how fast i can complete a download.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    tedsfrozenhead's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    If ratio were of no concern (i.e. seeding time adds to ratio) I would download based on the content, and the choice that best matches content is pre-time I guess, but pre-time is only part of it. I would download whatever I felt like downloading. However, if I were attempting to gain the most possible upload I would download the torrent with the most leechers, which usually would mean jumping on torrents that historically get a lot of leechers (i.e. popular tv episodes) or things that you know many people will want that have good pre-times.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    None of the above. Special content is the main thing that makes me pick one tracker over another.

So if you want more leechers, make it not only 0-day
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 02-04-2008 at 11:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    well this depends largely on which tracker I'm using. If its one thats easy enough to maintain a ratio at, I'll go for the number of seeders, but most important to me is the quality of the file. With music, it'll probably be whichever site has it in v0, with DVDR, itll be whichever site has it widescreen. the options in the poll i rarely consider when downloading actually

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Content, content, content is the key. Thats why i love specialized trackers so much like, Learbits, Bitspyder, UG gamer, and BitmeTv. They all offer content specific to my personal needs. I'm an E-Booker lover, Lynda and VTC tutorial watcher, Mame arcade player, and TV watcher (actually i barely watch any tv, but love that tracker for the collection of tv shows it offers).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    I think i know which tracker your talking about, and no im not a member (i did get offered but refused).

But imo (if anyone cares lol) is that they have been far to selective in who they have recruited to be members.

If you get 1,000 members, who all know how torrents work, and have accounts on most other [10] trackers with fast pre-times etc, then why will they download from that site with 1 seedbox user seeding, when they know if they download from another site, they can have 50 seedbox users seeding.

The other problem is, most might already have SB Axx anyway so all they are there for is to seed. but without the e-penis aspect of a ratio involved, they may find that their bw is better used on a tracker that counts how much you uploaded.

Being selective is great for security, not so great to get people to download whats on your tracker.

when we open we get loads of noobs regarding torrenting and the ratio system.

bad thing about this is the same Questions over and over, and security obviously.

Good thing is, they are there to download the torrents, which keeps the tracker ticking over. (if they dont seed back they get banned anyway)

its no good having 1000 members, 3000 seeders and 25 leechers all the time.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Bucktoof's Avatar Byaaah! BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Number of leechers for me, shows that there is activity and gives me a chance to upload
    http://4t.myminicity.com/ind - build industry!
    http://4t.myminicity.com/tra - build transportation
    http://4t.myminicity.com/sec - build security

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    BANNED BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    for a 0day tracker its basically how fast is it released and then how fast can i get it so pretimes and speed are most important to me but all of those are really important.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    torrentgeek's Avatar Asta La Vista Baby BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    i choose off a particular tracker because i see that i get a constant speed in downloads.
    Last edited by torrentgeek; 02-05-2008 at 05:21 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast