Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vote for reformation of the WIAW thread

bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    krunk : one of the best examples ive ever seen to explain that point. i think everyone who comes in here needs to read that

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    it's the first time i read what you wrote from the beginning to the end and i must say i agree with you, fst have become a place respected by torrent community and i don't think such community have a place for this kinda system which attracts traders and tracker collectors for trackers who wish to remain with their community and friends.

I suggest removing the wtaw thread although it brings much interest and fun watching the rating level of a tracker by it's rarity this should not be rated as levels, there should be a description of each site and there the reviewer should write the status of invites on this site, this reviews should be updated regularly.

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    I think the major problem is 3 lines in that thread.

# THIS LIST SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LITERALLY. It's just to figure where each site stands RARITY-WISE. Use Rankings Between Brackets For [Content,Speed,Pre-Times]

No one reads this.

These sites are easy to obtain. Chances are you will get in these sites without trading.

You do not have to trade for lvl 2.

These sites are harder to obtain for various reasons, though fairly easy provided that you offer similar.

but you do for lvl 3.

so if you have to trade for lvl 3, then you have to for 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 as well.

so to me thats saying, if you do not trade something, then your not getting in.
    You are absolutely right these lines say to me the same thing you will not get in if u don`t trade.
    If nothing else changes regarding WTAW thread i will definitely vote for this lines to dissapear from there or change form in a maner that doesn`t encourage trading.
    If i were to vote to remove the WTAW or the WTO i would vote NO, because i can read there opinions regarding a tracker of course some are subjective other objective but still if you are not in that tracker u can find out if u whant to be or not , and i think for the tracker staf is a way too see how do users react at the changes they are making within their trackers.
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I agree with stoi on this one. The changes done to that thread should be the mentioning of trading... and BTW the whole name of the thread. What Trackers are Worth already indicates that you have to trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post
    In the old days, if you misbehaved on a tracker, you got disabled, or worse, IP banned.

Nowadays, there are more trackers than there are members, so if your tracker misbehaves, they get bookmark removed, or worse, URL deleted.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    It is the 'worth' itself that is the problem, the FST invite section is like a stockmarket, that reacts to site closures etc and you constantly have traders commenting in the threads thats not enough to get that, or that is to generous an offer you should ask for more, so the section itself has a life of its own. There are members here who live and breathe the WTAW thread and post almost exclusively in the invites section, so to say get rid of the thread would tear a vital piece out of this community.For better or for worse (everyone knows I think its worse ) the WTAW thread is here to stay, and the weird little stock market it generates with its brokers running around reacting to the latest news or scurrying around trying to get the invite for the flavor of the day tracker.
    We can try to change some peoples attitudes by leading by example, and explaining the problems that trading brings to the community, but explaining that to someone who just sees the levels and the 'worth' in terms of the rarity and you might as well be speaking in Swahili .
    I think that the system in place here and the BT mods doing the (mostly thankless) job that they do keeps alot of excesses from happening.
    I absolutely agree with your sentiments krunk, but I do not believe that this will in anyway change the reality of FST and the stockmarket that is the invites section. One interesting comment retro made to me though that has always stuck in my mind is that there is an advantage for those trackers high up in the level scale since users care so much more for their a/c's, you never see anyone bemoaning the fact that they have been disabled on DH yet if it happens on Ftn you'd think they had just suffered an amputation.
    In the end I believe the only way to change the attitude is for more people to explain to new users that there are alternatives some get it, some don't but then that is life too, and this community is a small microcosm of that ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    It´s a hard to resolve issue. Because it always will have many subjective things.
    Let´s say that for some people what is very valuable for others is nothing. If you are a games addict, BCG should have to be level 19+ but if you not even play Solitaire, level 1 could be too much.
    The only thing that is measurable in an objective way is how difficult is to get in.
    You and me can discuss at individual level based in our own preferences, but this is a forum where people come to obtain invites, trade them, trade accounts and in some cases looking for the dumbest, so the goods must have a reference "price", and as I said before the whole thing goes about getting into a site, so the rarity is the universal reference.
    At least they make one ranking per category.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Change every tracker to lvl 1. That way WTAW won't die and everyone would be happy (at least i would be).

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    I dont understand why the thread is needed at all. If people want to trade to get into a tracker, then surley its best for them to offer what they think its worth and not what they are told its worth on The thread.

That way content would be the most important thing and not rarity, because rarity wouldnt be an issue. you would only trade if you wanted into a tracker for what it has

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    i totally agree with you krunktastic, ranking trackers according to their rarity totally diminishes the values and significance of what each tracker brings.

renewal, if not a removal, would be quite necessary

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    whether everyone admits it or not most care a lot about rarity, trader or otherwise. be it for safety, higher quality members, bigger penis, etc.. don't try and tell us squirrel that you don't when you make requests for the rabbit etc.. you wouldn't give a fuck about that tracker otherwise.

while i can understand most tracker owners dislike the rarity chart, i find it funny the newer rare trackers and some of the older ones use this place to promote their site and get popular then have the cheek to whine about being on here. if you allow members to talk openly about the tracker on here and show off their eliteness with userbars then it's your own fault the amount of attention you receive. UK-T and the rabbit are the only actual rare one's on that chart that you never really see being mentioned or promoted by members on here. it is the trackers and the members responsibility to keep a tracker properly low key if thats what they want. cant have it both ways.
    Last edited by KinkyAfro; 02-05-2008 at 03:02 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast