Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea for Tracker reviews and WTAW

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    This has got nothing to do with reforming the WTAW so dont worry.

The way it is atm, submitted Tracker reviews are public and anyone can make one, as soon as a tracker review gets acccepted you get straight into the WTAW thread. obviously some tracker owners do not want their site to be there, but once its there its impossible to get it off.

So here is my suggestion.

Tracker reviews should be like the report section, private betwenn the OP and the Mods.

If just a member has posted a review (you dont know if they are a good member or someone thats just been banned, and trying to get an exclusive site noticed.) then the mods try to get intouch with the owner/staff of those trackers.

and ask them if they would like a review on here, also offer them CR and explain what that entails (invite trading/acccount trading etc etc).

If they say yes, they want a review, make sure they know it will never be removed.

If they say no, then they cant have CR but then its a free for all in the invites/account trading etc.

Just with a couple of trackers lately, who do not want to be on that list, but cant get removed because a "member" made the review, imo that member might as well have grabbed 1000 torrents off those trackers and changed the announce to a null announce and uploaded them to the link sites, mininova etc.

We are also working on a new project as well, and i dont want it to be listed in the WIAW thread, but if a member makes a review, i cant do anything to stop it.

No one will probably care about this tbh, but i do think that it "might" bring FST and tracker staff closer (if thats possible lol)

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    monk3y's Avatar Pirate's Life for me BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    review should be minimal and not contain tracker's address or hints to it's address.

that way it can stay private and people can ask their friends in PMs if they have invites to this or that tracker.

Do not pm me requesting for invites as i have none to spare
    Signature & Avatar Rules

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    my point is, clover doest want to be on their at all, but a member made the review, not the staff (im not sure if the staff gave the go ahead though or not) but if it was done how i suggested, and they didnt want it on here, then now they wouldnt want it off.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    I don't think that it will work, because as the staff here already hinted, this is not a playground for trackers' staff.
    it is enough polite for FST to agree with site owners who ask their accounts not to be traded here, accept community reps that are sometimes used for the worse reasons, it censors some trackers name etc.

now, i see no reason why FST, being a FORUM, meaning public, to hide the existence of a site. Thus, hiding information or keeping it private between a OP and a CR...

Internet is public, people know about a site, they want to write about it, so they are allowed to.

Just my 2 cents, though i understand your pov, but you probably know that not being at the WTAW will even make people's interest rise higher about it, and a lot of open threads will come up asking for info about it. And that imo is even bigger propaganda for the site that wanted to remain "forgotten"

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    if trackers want privacy for a certain length of time, they should be provided so and FST should respect the decisions of trackers by manually removing reviews from the site.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    sorry i dont agree with your last point there.

there are trackers in the Post all trackers here thread that are not on the WTAW. and ive never seen them mentioned once in the invites section, or the bittorrent section either.

it just seems to me, that the less notice a tracker wants, the more it gets on here. (if there is a review for it and its in the WTAW anyway) and i bet that most of those that want to remain under the radar, didnt give their permission to be on there in the first place.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    but for me the main question at your idea is how does it cope with this forum's philosophy.
    do they want to keep this as a forum, i.e. information for the audience (as in latin) or they want to be a instrument of the tracker's owners.

I'd be more than happy to agree with you if all trackers' staff here were like you, but unfortunately that's not the case as seen in some recent threads. So, as a defensive posture i defend that FST should allow this information being spread.

this kind of posture (https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-can...29/postcount33 and subsequent posts) supports me saying that.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 02-05-2008 at 05:12 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Nemrod's Avatar Buffering my life BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well, I´m going to be kinda cynical... but I think that today many trackers wish have a review here... are beginning, need members, want the world know their existence... many reasons, if they get success they´ll regret that when they achieve their goals.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    k its only private between the OP and the mods until the tracker staff say yes or no.

If it was just the review i wouldnt be making this thread, but correct me if im wrong, it seems that all trackers that have a review, are put into the WTAW thread, well once in there its impossible to get out.

so lets take a new tracker for example, that wants members.

a member makes a review, the mods here ask the owner/staff if they want the review on here, if they want users they will jump at the chance, but then in the future, if they change their mind, then its tough, they agreed to it.

the way it is now, the owners/staff dont get a look in, its on there and tough anyway, then they complain they dont want to be there, the staff on here say tough your on, so that causes some animosity.

I dont expect the staff on here to bend over backwards, but it could bring relationships closer together between tracker staff and FST, and that has to be a good thing imo.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Looks like we are treading into a grey area here. I think the idea you propose stoi could work though, if, big IF, more tracker staff push the idea to FST mods. Censorship towards a tracker name being mentioned will never happen or could happen(internet is bigger then us all unfortunately), but do agree that the WTAW thread could and should be private between OPs and Mods within this site.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast