Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Read me!

eram's Avatar graff saves lifes BT Rep: +5
    first of all hi guys!

im pretty new here and just read a few days the topics .
    and i figured that its pretty hard to choose the right way to participate in this community!

so :
    there are the traders who pretty much everybody hates
    but still there are so many of them posting for a trade .

on the other side there are the guys who make requests.
    which i guess is a normal consequence due to the many people who hate traders.
    they get reactions like: hey good luck getting this invite dude, which is nice.
    but still there are many people who say they are begging and noobs!

and there are guys with giveaways who hope to get the attention of people to let them see that they are the nice guys.

so i asked myself what is the right thing to do to get a site you are really looking for.
    pretty difficult.
    no way seems to be perfect!

even giveaways cause its forbidden by pretty much every tracker!

my way will be to let you know what guy i am.
    cause invites should be for people you know.

im just a guy who enjoys torrents every day!
    i just love
    ..getting the latest stuff
    ..getting my upload done to become a power user to get more features
    ..getting a good ratio
    ..looking around to find new music
    ..checking every 10 minutes if my up and down speed is right
    ..coming back from work or school looking at
    utorrent to see how my torrents are
    ..to see how much i downloaded and upped
    ..to see it when a torrent is damn fast

i think you know exactly what i mean .

thats what the whole torrent thing is about for me !

and sure i want sites where i can get the best torrents.the best content.
    not because of their rarity!

thats why im looking for bitmetv
    enough said !

cheers
    eram

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #2
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Nice post man, If you dont have bitmetv soon and continue to stick around here helping people Ill shoot one your way but u gotta prove yourself first. So far so good but keep it up lol. PM in a few weeks if you still dont got one and we can talk

Good luck

Jon

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #3
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by eram View Post
    first of all hi guys!

im pretty new here and just read a few days the topics .
    and i figured that its pretty hard to choose the right way to participate in this community!

so :
    there are the traders who pretty much everybody hates
    but still there are so many of them posting for a trade .

on the other side there are the guys who make requests.
    which i guess is a normal consequence due to the many people who hate traders.
    they get reactions like: hey good luck getting this invite dude, which is nice.
    but still there are many people who say they are begging and noobs!

and there are guys with giveaways who hope to get the attention of people to let them see that they are the nice guys.

so i asked myself what is the right thing to do to get a site you are really looking for.
    pretty difficult.
    no way seems to be perfect!

even giveaways cause its forbidden by pretty much every tracker!

my way will be to let you know what guy i am.
    cause invites should be for people you know.

im just a guy who enjoys torrents every day!
    i just love
    ..getting the latest stuff
    ..getting my upload done to become a power user to get more features
    ..getting a good ratio
    ..looking around to find new music
    ..checking every 10 minutes if my up and down speed is right
    ..coming back from work or school looking at
    utorrent to see how my torrents are
    ..to see how much i downloaded and upped
    ..to see it when a torrent is damn fast

i think you know exactly what i mean .

thats what the whole torrent thing is about for me !

and sure i want sites where i can get the best torrents.the best content.
    not because of their rarity!

thats why im looking for bitmetv
    enough said !

cheers
    eram
    Be patient and have faith in the system, youll get into whatever site you want just by asking politely...and sometimes people will just ask if you are in and if your not do you want to be. In one month I was able to get into every tracker here....so with that said here is some friendly advice:

1. become active in the communiy here at FST but also in your current trackers forums.
    2. if they have irc, get on it! I have turned associations into friendships thanks to irc, the better someone knows you the more they trust you.
    3.FST invite section can be tricky at times, but what I have learned is this:
    Trackers nowadays really hate traders more then ever, I upload for two sites who regularly monitor forums and point out traders within seconds of the posts going up.

4. Asking politely for something in your range, will increase your chances of scoring that invite. Here is my quick estimate showing the best time to ask for a certain level based on post count...atleast this is what I have noticed.

0-100 ---hunt fst invite giveaways, but dont really make any requests as people will find you to be inactive.
    100-300 ----go for the custom trackers...most dont have a level above 4 so you can find those invites or someone willing to give you one fairly easy here at FST.
    300 and up...request away for anything...however it is HIGHLY unlikely that you will get an FTN/FSC or higher invite...due to the challenge of users just being able to ask for invites from the site staff at these sites.

members of bitmetv take great pride in the tracker...so youll prolly want to become really active here and contribute to the community before asking.

I hope my ideas help....its what got me into every site...for the most part atleast....again irc is a must as users active in 1 irc are normally active in others..

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #4
    Long John Silver
    I agree with fatcat69.

My experience - used this forum to get on to a site, didn't trade but it was a public giveaway (a no-no). a lot of these trackers have iRC channels (address ususally somewhere about their log in pages) where you can go and introduce yourself and let the admin, mods or users with invites get to know you and what you're about. It's not as easy as requesting here, but it'll probably save you a world of trouble if the tracker admin found out you got the invite by routes termed illegal. Good luck man!

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #5
    whitmar's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    eram, what a great early post! You must be a really quick study to have grasped so much of the big picture here. I feel as though I know a lot about you already, and that's what it's going to take for you to gain the trust of the good people on this forum who are already members of the higher level trackers. Most of us here love doing the same things you mentioned. But in order to protect our favorite sites, we need to keep them safe from people who would bring harm to them. Inviting trustworthy people is the only way to minimize the threat. If those people are also likable and fun to interact with, they are the kind of people nearly every tracker wants to fill its membership with. Fatcat's comments were right on target. I want to complement you on the polite attitude you portrayed in your post. It showed a lot of sincerity and humility to me, and I did not sense any cockiness from it. That has probably put you ahead of 95% of other members who have been here the same length of time as you. So keep putting yourself out there that way, and you'll probably be surprised how soon you find some of those highly coveted invites in your PM box.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #6
    predateur's Avatar .ıllılı.ıl.lı. BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    man, trading is the best way to get what you want (anyway for me )
    Vectoral FTW!

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #7
    rocky1234's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Really a nice way to request for an invite..Hope u get the same..

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #8
    bigdaddykane's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    wow awesome man.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #9
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Be yourself simple really from that alone people will notice you're a good person or not. If you want to trade go ahead no problems not everybody hates traders you have responsible traders also it's not how you do things it's how you portray yourself at the end of the day. you will get tons of adivce from many different kinds of people take them all make your own decision with what you think is right don't let people decide for you not everybody will like you many will those that don't ignore
    Last edited by sleepyy; 01-16-2008 at 11:48 AM.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Yeah, trading or even giveaway happens to be against [many] tracker rule. Instead of making public giveaway what u can do is contact via pm. Whoever you see a deserving member seeking for an invite, just to make sure double check for history, and pm him...that way there isn't anything for tracker staff to claim that you gaveaway him the invite. Meanwhile, you can get lil or more rep points as well...rep points don't mean anything though but might help shut some mouth lol

Along with that, be patience, be nice and helpful, be active..and....i guess that's pretty much it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast