Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: This Will Give Ya Chills For Sure

Rat,

Remember that Noah lived to be 500 years old, ( http://www.christiananswers.net/dictionary/noah.html ) so that even though God told him about the flood 120 years beforehand ( http://www.christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-c005.html ) and the flood persisted for 13 months, Noah still considers the whole "Ark thing" as a "phase he went through".

Lived 500 years and bore only 3 children, talk about being a man of God.

Correction: 8 people survived the flood. From the same sources above: "The Bible clearly teaches that all flesh died...every man (Genesis 7:21). Genesis 9:1 confirms that only Noah's family was saved and that every person living today is descended from his family. Today's news is often filled with terrible disasters which kill hundreds or even thousands of people. But, can you imagine a disaster so terrible that only 8 people in the whole world survived. Its true, Noah and his wife, his three sons, and their wives were the only people saved from the largest flood of all time".
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #52
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Don't forget that people lived to very great ages. I've heard reasoning that it's because they were closer to God genetically, and thus blessed with longevity.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. The Drawing Room   -   #53
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@2 August 2003 - 02:00
    Don't forget that people lived to very great ages. I've heard reasoning that it's because they were closer to God genetically, and thus blessed with longevity.

And that is why he killed each and everyone of them in the flood? I'd hate to get that close to God, thanks.

By the way, if God has genetics, then he is corporeal. Subject to the laws of physics and the proper functioning of billions of functioning molecules. In other words, he would be mortal.

It might be fair to say early humans had genomes closer to the original template he designed.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #54
    Uh-oh, this turned into the 'defining religion' thread, or what I like to call the never-ending thread

Lighten up guys! I just thought it was a nice video clip

5. The Drawing Room   -   #55
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by hobbes+2 August 2003 - 02:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes @ 2 August 2003 - 02:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MagicNakor@2 August 2003 - 02:00
    Don&#39;t forget that people lived to very great ages. I&#39;ve heard reasoning that it&#39;s because they were closer to God genetically, and thus blessed with longevity.

And that is why he killed each and everyone of them in the flood? I&#39;d hate to get that close to God, thanks.

By the way, if God has genetics, then he is corporeal. Subject to the laws of physics and the proper functioning of billions of functioning molecules. In other words, he would be mortal.

It might be fair to say early humans had genomes closer to the original template he designed. [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t know. It&#39;s just what someone who was trying to justify the 900+ years a great many of those people lived told me when I asked about it.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. The Drawing Room   -   #56
    Originally posted by sampson@2 August 2003 - 02:19
    Uh-oh, this turned into the &#39;defining religion&#39; thread, or what I like to call the never-ending thread

Lighten up guys&#33; I just thought it was a nice video clip
    No, the exchange you are witnessing is just "casual banter". Nobody is being serious about anything today. Casual Fridays, if you will.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #57
    Yes Magic,

The answer you got is quite similar to the party line I got from my "believer" friends.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #58
    Poster
    But itīs silly.

If everyone starts from the same genetic pattern it cant possibly dilute. Therefore number of generations is irrelevant.

Get a dictionary for your friends. Remove every page except the one that contains the word metaphor (in the M section I believe), highlight said word.

Then tell them to read the definition and feckin grow up.

Pillar of salt indeed. What does that even mean.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #59
    Ex-member
    Originally posted by JPaul@2 August 2003 - 12:23
    I could give you a definition...

10. The Drawing Room   -   #60
    Poster
    Originally posted by Lamsey+2 August 2003 - 16:46--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lamsey @ 2 August 2003 - 16:46)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@2 August 2003 - 12:23
    I could give you a definition... [/b][/quote]
    Please.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast