Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Visual Basic

Poster
    VB's crap, for most demanding applications, the programs run incredibly slow create huge executables and the "unreal" language limits your power, for example, you can't access the system resources, so it's pretty useless, something like Norton Utilities could not be produced in BASIC. And finally, good games can't be made in VB anyway .

For all you codist C++ bastards! SUCK IT!! LOL!!
    Okay then, why don't you go straight down and start programming in machine code, I'd like to see you do that ...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    we are goin a bit off topic arnt we1

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Supernode's Avatar SWEDISH BT Rep: +1
    OK, Ihate BV now! Or not? I have the cd:s or visual studio.net 2003, wpould I install c++ and nothing more?
    2800$

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Just install all the crap in Visual Studio...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    Delphi.

I've seen a fully functional media player created in 30 seconds.
    Ok, nothing too flash about it, probably didn't support drag&drop etc, but it worked.

The guy who did it in 30 seconds was something of an expert, but most of us on the seminar could have done the same in about 2 mins.

Easy as VB, no massive program overheads, teaches you correct programming skills too.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Never tried messing with Delphi... How does it compare to something like c++?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    lynx's Avatar .
    Easier to use IMO, but of course you need to learn pascal as the underlying language. Pascal is traditionally more structured and less ambiguous than c (and therefore c++), and consequently gives you tighter progs with fewer possibilities for things like memory leaks, uninitialised data/pointers etc.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    C++ this, C++ that. Gawd, I guess you guys are right

I'm sorry Xilo, I'm sorry everyone, I'm a VB.NET extremist

But yeah VB.NET is pretty good for fast stuff, like a media player and/or video player using DirectX. Good luck Monkeyhead on your VB media player

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Visual Studio .NET is great. It's just a little confusing going from 6.0 to .NET...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Good luck Monkeyhead on your VB media player
    thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12