Quote Originally Posted by DasFox View Post

Ok how about this one ---> Brazil
    Well it is an old movie, I tried...

Let me brainstorm for something else...

2. Movies & TV   -   #62
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Perfume, The Story of a Murderer.
    Fascinating.
    A character like no other I've seen (although, in a weird way, he is reminiscent of Chance from Being There) in a movie where you truly have no idea what will happen at the end.

Both Alan Rickman and Dustin Hoffman are in it (although neither is the main character), so it's weird that I had never even heard of it before.
    The cinematography and music are both exceptional.

The experience of watching a movie about smells was kind of like the first time I saw Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon...you know, the first chase scene where everyone is flying all over the place. Within seconds, I was willing to suspend belief and from then on the magic was just part of the story.
    Same with Perfume, the protagonist (he can hardly be called a hero) has the "greatest nose in the world" and within a few minutes I found myself drawn into his world...which is quite a feat for a visual medium.

Recommended.
    Last edited by clocker; 04-06-2008 at 04:16 AM.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. Movies & TV   -   #63
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Dead of Night (re-released as Deathdream)

I saw this show when I was about 5 or 6 yrs old many years ago on a movie channel. Over the years I had always remembered this film, but couldn't remember the title or anything else about it really. I never could find it. Then, one day while searching through older horror releases on a retail website, I came across something that sounded familiar. I checked it out on imbd and there it was, the movie I had always remembered from my childhood...this movie is actually much older than I am. I then found it a short time later on Demonoid (I miss Demonoid for that).

It's a great movie for fans of the genre with some great social commentary that is even today very relevant. i would definitely recommend this one.

4. Movies & TV   -   #64
    Poster
    Les Diaboliques.

Scary, scary stuff.

5. Movies & TV   -   #65
    Best Movie would be Paranoia:1.0

6. Movies & TV   -   #66
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress (film) Based on the 2000 semi-autobiographical novel of the same title by Dai, the film revolves around two young Chinese boys of bourgeoisie backgrounds who were sent to a remote village in Sichuan province for three years of re-education during the Cultural Revolution. They both fell in love with a beautiful local girl, granddaughter of an old tailor and known to everyone as the Little Seamstress. During those years of intellectual oppression, the three found solace and liberation in a collection of banned translated novels by Western authors, among whom their favourite was Balzac. The film explores the themes of youth, love, and freedom in those dark times in China.

7. Movies & TV   -   #67
    Not as obscure as some of the others mentioned, but I thought Equilibrium was a great flick.

8. Movies & TV   -   #68
    Aaron_T's Avatar A duck is watching.
    There was a movie i seen a few years ago called Thrill Seekers, it was fantastic, it was a very well thought out time travel movie.

Wish i could find it but i cant seem to see it any websites at all
    Those who dont learn from the past are doomed to repeat It.

9. Movies & TV   -   #69
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_T View Post
    There was a movie i seen a few years ago called Thrill Seekers, it was fantastic, it was a very well thought out time travel movie.

Wish i could find it but i cant seem to see it any websites at all
    The movie is better known as "The Time Shifters ".
    Try searching under that.

10. Movies & TV   -   #70
    ligerpt's Avatar Supreme User

Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast