Thread: mouse and keyboard

Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Hi, i have a wireless mouse and keyboard which is a belkin f8e815ukbndl, it is slowly breaking down and im in search for a new set. i was wondering whether an optical mouse is better than a laser one or is it vice versa. i would like a wireless keyboard and mouse that has a long life battery as my old mouse lasted for 2/3weeks before i had to charge the batterys. shud i be getting a bluetooth one or stick with a infrared one? links for keyboards and mouse would be grateful along wid any suggestions thanks.
    Last edited by esco123; 02-05-2008 at 12:22 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I think laser gives you more precision and is better over rough surfaces, but I could be wrong

I use a Logitech Cordless Desktop (This one I think) and it seems pretty good for battery life and responsiveness, etc.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Picked up this on boxing day for 29$ http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/ke.../2963&cl=us,en
    Works great no problems what so ever and it does seem smoother and more precise than my older optical....The battery seems to last forever compared to the older optical haven't had to change it yet

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Ronnie Coleman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Barbarossa said you enough. Go for any Logitech combo and you'll now regret. I use Logitech peripherals for about 6 years and I am very satisfied. Always recommend them to my friends.
    "Do well and you will have no need for ancestors." - Voltaire (1694-1778)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    never really understood people's need to get wireless mice and kbs lol

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    svr's Avatar Ultimata Warrior BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    For HTPC use wireless is must have but for desktop user there is not much difference between wireless and wired.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    never really understood people's need to get wireless mice and kbs lol
    Maybe you want to be further away from the PC than wires allow for

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    i prefer wireless because it is more handy for me to use. esp. when im watching a film i can take the keyboard to where im sitting and there is no need for me to get up to to reach for the mouse or keyboard.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    I have the Logitech MX5000 mouse and keyboard set and I'm extremely happy with it. The mouse has a recharging dock so no need for batteries, and the battery life on the keyboard seems great so far.
    The keyboard is very comfortable and has lots of features including an LCD screen to show time, date, playlists, IM notifications, etc. It features touch zoom and volume on the side, calculator is a nice feature as well. Excellent bundle IMO.
    Retails for over $200 in local shops, but I found mine online for just over $50.
    Highly recommend.