Thread: How to automatically download torrents from an RSS?

I need something that can automatically download torrents from mininova as soon as they are posted. I want to be able to do this on my seedbox and be able to manage it through the utorrent's web UI.

By "automatic" I want it to automatically download new torrents on mininova as soon as they are posted, without me having to trigger anything.

Is there a program that can do this? I've looked at utorrents RSS function but I don't know how to configure it to automatically dowload each new torrent. With that it lists torrents but it seems you have to manually start the download for each one.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    mindtrick's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    I need this too. It's hard to upload on some trackers so it's a good way to start immediately for seeding. Anyone with a guide?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    if u have bitmetv account there is great topic about RSS in bitmetv forum

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by krytenss View Post
    I need something that can automatically download torrents from mininova as soon as they are posted. I want to be able to do this on my seedbox and be able to manage it through the utorrent's web UI.
    Seedbox + Mininova
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Setting up RSS Feeds in uTorrent

Ok, first you need the RSS url of Czone This is now nice and easy to find out as czone have provided the following page which gives the url.

:arrow: http://tracker/getrss.php

Select the options you want - remembering to select 'Download link' for the feed type - and press the 'Generate RSS link' button at the bottom. Copy that url to your clipboard.

Open uTorrent -> Options -> RSS Downloader (Alt + R) -> Click add and paste the url in.

If you would like to name this RSS feed, type in its name followed by a pipe | and then the rest of the url. This can be seen in the example below.

Click the Releases tab and refresh to make sure feed is working. Note: Just seeing the feeds doesn't mean you have correctly inputted the rss url as the passkey may be missing a character off the end. To ascertain that the RSS feed is working, double click a torrent in the Releases tab and see if you either get a download dialog (everything is working fine) or if you get a dead link error (your uid and pass are not correct, go back and check again).

RSS feeds have been set up and you can download at the click of a button! But i hear you say, 'How do i download my fav tv shows when i'm not at my computer?'...

Setting up Automatic Downloads

Click the Favourites tab in the RSS Downloader window (Alt + R) and click the Add button. Type a name for the download and start editing the filter settings.

Filter: The name of the torrent you want to download. Examples:
    To download Prison Break where releases are called Prison.Break.SXXEXX.HDTV.XviD-XXX you would type in Prison Break*. To download Lost where releases are called Lost.SXXEXX.HDTV.XviD-XXX you would type in Lost*. The * matches anything so *XOR would download all XOR releases or *Office* would download microsoft office, the office uk, office us.... (you get the idea )

Not: (Not neccessary) Type here anything you do not want to download which may be included in your above filter (if you want just office us instead of every other office torrent there is) Type in the format of: *XXX*|*XXX*|*XXXXX XXX*

Save In: If you want the torrents to automatically download and start without any further input, you MUST specify a folder in Save in:! However, if you have a path set in "Put new downloads in:" in Folder Options, you don't have to set a save folder here.

Feed: Here you select Czone (you can also select All, to filter all RSS feeds inputted under the Feeds tab.)

Quality: Check all qualities you are willing to download be it HDTV or PDTV / HDTV / HR.HDTV / etc etc. Do remember you can select more than one quality selection!

Episode Number: (Not necessary) to only download a certain season or group of episodes, specify here in the format [Season]x[Ep]-[Ep] - i.e. 3x01-24

Filter matches original name instead of decoded name: (Not neccessary) uTorrent automatically removes all .'s from torrent names and other small adjustments. Select if you only want your filter to match the torrent EXACTLY.

Give download highest priority: (Not Neccessary) Give download highest priority

Smart Ep. Filter: with this disabled uTorrent will download every release it matches in the RSS Feed. Because of this, PROPERs will be downloaded as well. uTorrent will not pause, stop or delete nuked releases. Also if you have selected to download both HDTV and HR.HDTV, uTorrent will download both. Only with this enabled will i only download the first match it finds. My choice is to leave this unchecked so PROPERs are downloaded

Minimum Interval: (Not neccessary) Minimum amount of time before it checks all feeds again for this torrent

Label: (Not neccessary) uTorrent makes use of labels to easily organise downloading. Select a label here if you wish to do that.

As you type filters out, uTorrent automatically saves it so there is no actual 'Save' button or anything. Just make sure you've actually got the filter highlighted before you start to edit the filter matches.

Hope this helps anyone who was stuck

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    good job devilox thanx

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Enjoy :d

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    0110's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by devilox View Post
    Setting up RSS Feeds in uTorrent

Ok, first you need the RSS url of Czone This is now nice and easy to find out as czone have provided the following page which gives the url.

:arrow: http://tracker/getrss.php

Select the options you want - remembering to select 'Download link' for the feed type - and press the 'Generate RSS link' button at the bottom. Copy that url to your clipboard.

Open uTorrent -> Options -> RSS Downloader (Alt + R) -> Click add and paste the url in.

If you would like to name this RSS feed, type in its name followed by a pipe | and then the rest of the url. This can be seen in the example below.

Click the Releases tab and refresh to make sure feed is working. Note: Just seeing the feeds doesn't mean you have correctly inputted the rss url as the passkey may be missing a character off the end. To ascertain that the RSS feed is working, double click a torrent in the Releases tab and see if you either get a download dialog (everything is working fine) or if you get a dead link error (your uid and pass are not correct, go back and check again).

RSS feeds have been set up and you can download at the click of a button! But i hear you say, 'How do i download my fav tv shows when i'm not at my computer?'...

Setting up Automatic Downloads

Click the Favourites tab in the RSS Downloader window (Alt + R) and click the Add button. Type a name for the download and start editing the filter settings.

Filter: The name of the torrent you want to download. Examples:
    To download Prison Break where releases are called Prison.Break.SXXEXX.HDTV.XviD-XXX you would type in Prison Break*. To download Lost where releases are called Lost.SXXEXX.HDTV.XviD-XXX you would type in Lost*. The * matches anything so *XOR would download all XOR releases or *Office* would download microsoft office, the office uk, office us.... (you get the idea )

Not: (Not neccessary) Type here anything you do not want to download which may be included in your above filter (if you want just office us instead of every other office torrent there is) Type in the format of: *XXX*|*XXX*|*XXXXX XXX*

Save In: If you want the torrents to automatically download and start without any further input, you MUST specify a folder in Save in:! However, if you have a path set in "Put new downloads in:" in Folder Options, you don't have to set a save folder here.

Feed: Here you select Czone (you can also select All, to filter all RSS feeds inputted under the Feeds tab.)

Quality: Check all qualities you are willing to download be it HDTV or PDTV / HDTV / HR.HDTV / etc etc. Do remember you can select more than one quality selection!

Episode Number: (Not necessary) to only download a certain season or group of episodes, specify here in the format [Season]x[Ep]-[Ep] - i.e. 3x01-24

Filter matches original name instead of decoded name: (Not neccessary) uTorrent automatically removes all .'s from torrent names and other small adjustments. Select if you only want your filter to match the torrent EXACTLY.

Give download highest priority: (Not Neccessary) Give download highest priority

Smart Ep. Filter: with this disabled uTorrent will download every release it matches in the RSS Feed. Because of this, PROPERs will be downloaded as well. uTorrent will not pause, stop or delete nuked releases. Also if you have selected to download both HDTV and HR.HDTV, uTorrent will download both. Only with this enabled will i only download the first match it finds. My choice is to leave this unchecked so PROPERs are downloaded

Minimum Interval: (Not neccessary) Minimum amount of time before it checks all feeds again for this torrent

Label: (Not neccessary) uTorrent makes use of labels to easily organise downloading. Select a label here if you wish to do that.

As you type filters out, uTorrent automatically saves it so there is no actual 'Save' button or anything. Just make sure you've actually got the filter highlighted before you start to edit the filter matches.

Hope this helps anyone who was stuck
    Many Thanks For You Bro

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    hey nice information...actually i was also looking for this

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    moksen's Avatar My Engish is bad :( BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    thks.for this information