Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Some thoughts about invites to high level trackers

grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    the main thing they come down really hard on you for though, and this is a criminal offence and why the staff of elitetorrents went to jail.

Is pre-release stuff.

obviously if something is pre-released by the scene, then every tracker on the planet will have it, so they want the scene not the trackers.

But if its pre-released as a home made rip on a tracker, they go after the tracker hard, "i think" this is why they went after Oink, as they had released 10-12 pre-released albums on their tracker last year alone.

and obviously starwars was pre-release and not scene so elitetorrents got busted.

It is funny though, but actually renting a seedbox, is more illegal than running a tracker, because the seedbox your actually storing the files on it. tracker servers should never have any copywrited files on them, or your just asking for trouble.
    True. Didn't think of that. Thats where the law has Oink right now. The pre release of material. Pre releases are illegal to have, no matter what way you put it.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    It is funny though, but actually renting a seedbox, is more illegal than running a tracker, because the seedbox your actually storing the files on it. tracker servers should never have any copywrited files on them, or your just asking for trouble.
    yes, if the site owns seedbox they are actually hosting the files...which is illegal (at least in States, me think).

The funny thing is that some sites have following disclaimer text and yet own seedboxes:

None of the files shown here are actually hosted on this server. The links are provided solely by this site's users. The administrator of this site cannot be held responsible for what its users post, or any other actions of its users. You may not use this site to distribute or download any material when you do not have the legal rights to do so. It is your own responsibility to adhere to these terms.

P.S. site user's seedboxes are legal btw

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    Definitely dangerous in the states. They have strict rules for pirate offenders (hmm I wonder about me then).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well if seedboxes are legal like you say (i cant quite believe that but i will for now lol) and the seedboxes the tracker owners are on a different host, in a different country and havnt got the tracker software on at all, then surely no one can even touch the tracker owners for that, as they havnt got any files on the servers that actually host the tracker.

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Thats true. Unless they obviously link their files from the server and advertise which they WOULDN'T do. I sure wouldn't want to be a member of that tracker.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    SAM's Avatar Fst philosopher BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    The Best Thing That Any Tracker Does Is To Close The Invitation System And Try To Recruit Trusted Members From Forums Such As Fst.
    Many Members In Many Trackers Misuse The Invites By Trading Or Selling So I Guess It's Better If There Is No Invites.

For Serving Community

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by SAM View Post
    The Best Thing That Any Tracker Does Is To Close The Invitation System And Try To Recruit Trusted Members From Forums Such As Fst.
    Many Members In Many Trackers Misuse The Invites By Trading Or Selling So I Guess It's Better If There Is No Invites.
    But you cant trust anyone though, well not many.

I done that with a member from here, he had quite a few posts, looked like a good member, 2 days later we caught him cheating, i PMed him on here, and he admitted it.

so imo anyone you get in, wither by open signups, invite system, owners say so, might be a scumbag, you just never know till they are on your tracker.

and i dont see all that much wrong with trading invites tbh, at least if they trade invites, you know you are getting a member of another tracker that should know how to use torrents properly and wont cheat.

Giving them away they could be anyone, even your best friend or your mother can do the dirty on you with an invite. (if they havnt a clue how the ratio system works)

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    pandabear's Avatar Internet BT Rep: +2
    I have always laughed how in this site, number of posts, bt rep and how much you have echo'd the norm opinion (trade = bad, giveaway=good) mattered, but outside this site it mattered so little. I don't think sign ups should ever be opened on extablished sites like ftn and sct, because there seeding base is well established(where else can you get rid of ratio, and still pull crazy speeds on brand new torrents). However sites like its and scl, who are looking to become top sites, should open there sign ups, or loosen the invites regulations. Purely because by keeping it tight, invites mainly go to those already in other top sites, so have no use for another 0day site, rather than someone who truly will leech and seed on the site. With these tight regs, all you are getting are collectors inviting collectors. Sure they may try shrug off the tag by faking activity, eg seeding torrents they already have on there, or occasionally leeching a torrent, but their still in it for the collection/community sake, which isn't how a good torrent site starts out.

Someone invite me to fsc please

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    tjbzonasul's Avatar Ninjahman BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Maybe it is just a matter of trying to screen who could be a good user and who is likely to become a scammer or a cheater. You might have an excellent prospect that will sell invites or accounts as soon as he has the chance to do so.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456