Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Health Checks

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

Your interwebs have been stole!!!11
    I know . I'm trying to be brave though, because I don't want to let on that inside I'm rocking back and forth like a Romanian orphan high on Sunny D.

I don't care...it's only the internet...it's not like I need it.
    Stiff upper lip its the only way...don't let them see you care.

Tiscali you say...one to avoid. Daughter would make my ears bleed in 30 minutes flat if ours did that "Dad get it fixed" "Is it fixed yet?"
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #72
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    To be honest, when I switch I don't think I can be bothered waiting for the MAC......I'll just cancel the DD and let them know, then take my time with getting another ISP. That's how hard I am.

Your daughter definitely wouldn't like what I've been having the last 3 weeks. For 5 days I had no service, and then after that it's been at this speed. Call centre of course assumes one of my leads has fallen out of the ADSL filter or something....fuckwits. I will change......I'll probably do it tomorrow. Ive been recommended 'Eclipse' so I'll give them a go.

3. Lounge   -   #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeamous View Post
    To be honest, when I switch I don't think I can be bothered waiting for the MAC......I'll just cancel the DD and let them know, then take my time with getting another ISP. That's how hard I am.

Your daughter definitely wouldn't like what I've been having the last 3 weeks. For 5 days I had no service, and then after that it's been at this speed. Call centre of course assumes one of my leads has fallen out of the ADSL filter or something....fuckwits. I will change......I'll probably do it tomorrow. Ive been recommended 'Eclipse' so I'll give them a go.
    As long as it is not Talk Talk - haven't seen a good word about them. Somebody is bound to put a good word in for them now.

Computers that don't work properly are a pain in the butt. We have several systems at work which don't work properly. The HR one is a gem - it logs you out after 15 minutes or so, regardless of whether you are typing or not. Unfortunately some forms on there take longer than 15 minutes to complete. It logs you out - you go back to square one. I did did see a guy with the monitor in his hands, shaking it, purple with rage It is little things like that which make the day all worthwhile.

4. Lounge   -   #74
    Squeamous's Avatar Poster
    Yeah, that's what I liked about this board before it changed. You'd try to send a pm or something and find it had logged you out and it would be lost . I also particularly like the way when this board fucks up, if you hit 'back' it's lost all but the message you quoted*. Still, at least I don't have to squint at the screen for 5 minutes trying to work out what some random illegible words say to log in anymore.

I wonder if anyone has actually managed to fix a problem with their pc through the 'help' function?

*not really.....it sucks.

5. Lounge   -   #75
    FST's speciality is the double or triple post - think my record is four

6. Lounge   -   #76
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    Still waiting for that pic of your magnificent torso!

7. Lounge   -   #77
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky View Post
    Still waiting for that pic of your magnificent torso!
    Just because I am healthy doesn't mean I am magnificent.

8. Lounge   -   #78
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    I went for a prostate check and was told to make sure that both the doc's hands weren't on my shoulders ? Dam if I did n't look tho .

9. Lounge   -   #79
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    have SGG do an artists impression of it then

10. Lounge   -   #80
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post

Not my best side tho
    Les, I never pictured you as a horny old goat.

BTW-

I have some spare cholesterol, if you are so inclined.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678