Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Pc In The Forum...

Hey lamsey, i've had a computer since i was 2, so that was 19 years ago. I could beat my parents at pacman when i was 3, it was a philips console thing with cartridges. (pity my gameplaying didn't improve much over the years though).

We had an Acorn Electron (i can remember my dad playing a game called Elite - does anyone remember it? set in space, bit like an RPG). That game may have been played on our Toshiba MSX though, don't know the processor specs, but it had a mighty 64k of memory. some good games for that.

then there was the Commodore 64, then the Toshiba MSX, then an Amiga 600, then an Amiga 1200, then various PC's, and now we have 3 PC's in the house, one for the folks, one for myself, and one for my sister. (my sister has a hand-me-down PC, it sucks so bad)

Console-wise, we've had that Philips thing way back in 1984.(i'll try and find a picture of it), then a NES, then i missed out on all the sega mega-drive and SNES fun, got a Playstation 1 when they came out, and now i have a Playstation 2, but i don't play it much.

*edit* holy crap! i found it here Philips VideoPac

2. Lounge   -   #42
    @ the_faceman :you might want to take good care of that old stuff, one day it will become a great collectible,if not a museumpiece.
    (still shooting Thargoids ? )

3. Lounge   -   #43
    Unfortunately we only have the Amiga 600 left (and even that is at a former friends house - we haven't spoken for 2 years).

All that remains are our 3 PC's and the PS2.

You can download an emulator for that Philips at that site i mentioned, i might download it and get nostalgic.

The Toshiba MSX was like any other MSX really (they were made by numerous manufacturers), but it looked cool and had some great games. Very similar to the Commodore.

This'll sound really sad, but when i was about 6 or 7 i would sit for ages copying out pages and pages of code from magazines to make my own games, wasn't really programming, as all i was doing was copying what was on the page, but it felt good knowing that the character i was playing (in reality a 14x8 pixel box) was made by ME! Those games you made yourself were usually awful, but i still went through with it, on more than one occasion.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    My old PC Until April 2002 costed 2100 pounds when i got it in 1997

it was

100mhz Intel Pentium
    16MB SDRAM
    3G HDD
    Windows 95
    Load More Crap But it was top of the range at the time

it was 2500 pounds including the 5 year guarantee

my current pc is in ma sig

5. Lounge   -   #45
    SniperInTheShadows's Avatar Poster
    Some of the old PC's mentioned in these post's brings back memories lol

My first PC technically was a Texas Instruments one when I was about 6 or 7, then upgraded to a ZX Spectrum, then ZX Spectrum 128, then got myself an Atari ST and an Amiga (500).

My first !real! PC though was a crap 486DX80 with 8MBs (it might have been 16MB actually, can't remember) of Ram and a monitor that enjoyed changing the display colour to green hue for almost all the time it was on lol I had a beta version of Windows 95 installed on it that crashed almost as soon as I touched the mouse or keyboard lol (Note - This was only 4 year's ago I got that, I just wanted a PC to get on the net at the time lol).

Then I 'upgraded' to a 166MHz Intel Pentium with a whooping 32MB's of Ram lol From there a Celeron 700MHz with 64MB's Ram and now...

AMD Athlon 1GHz
    512MB DDRam
    64MB GeForce 4 MX440 SE with 8xAGP
    Soundblaster PCI128
    1x80GB HD and 1x20GB HD
    2xCD Drives (1 Writer)
    Optical Mouse (Kensington)
    17" Monitor (though my GeForce has TV Output which make's watching film's and playing game's fun :-) )
    Oh, and a floppy drive which I don't use anymore but can't be bothered to take it out lol

... I'm slowly catching up to today's standard's, in a few year's i'll be there and have to start over again lol :-)

Sniper.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    lol yea im catching up too.. only recently upgraded to a 600mhz
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Poster
    i have this old RADIO-SHACK computer from around 1984 that you have to use a TV for a monitor.....it cant do anything....but it never crashes ....all it can do is make really bad graphs and charts...it cant draw a diagonal line on a line graph so instead it uses "0"&#39;s
    like this:
    o
    o
    o
    o
    o

and a bar graph would look like:
    000 000
    000 000
    000 000 000
    000 000 000
    000 000 000

8. Lounge   -   #48
    *Grunt*
    My specs are good compared to what ive seen here.

AMD athlon 1.1GHZ
    256mb PC 133 RAM
    Seagate Baracuda 4 7200rpm
    Segate U series 5400
    Compaq DVD ROM 8X
    Philips CD-R/W 4x/4x/24x
    VIA KT133
    Connex 56k modem
    JPL pro stereo speakers
    17" CRT moniter
    Hewlet packard 990CXI
    Nvidia Geforce 2 mx200
    Win 2000
    +Nice glowing blue fan

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Based on a true story

Imagine this;
    Your father is an semi-alcoholic war veteran. Good man, highly intelligent, but at times, insane.
    He buys a computer.
    Compaq/ Quantum 14gb
    Win 98 se
    600 mhz celeron
    64 mb ram
    All things integrated, no ethernet, no burner.

Soon after purchase, a gliche in the one-touch keyboard becomes a common aggravation. One night, wife at home and children moved out, the father takes the computer high over his head and smashes it down onto a hardwood floor as hard as he can. Then a swift kick or two. Not good enough, so, he takes it outside on the porch and hurls it with all his might. It&#39;s raining, the rain is freezing. The computer doesn&#39;t move until late the next day. It still works, barely.

A year and a half later; a webmaster and a newbie put this machine back together. First, they fix the fan on the chip. Then, new keyboard. Finally, tweaking, installing and uninstalling. Over time there were more adjustments.

Current status;
    Compaq/ Quantum 14gb
    Win 98 se
    Pentium 3 850mhz (salvage opperation)
    256 mb ram (donations)
    DVD/Burner (purchase) + original cdrom(nero on the fly)
    32mb 3D blaster (donation)
    Philips sound card (purchase)
    Scanner/printer (donation)
    Midi keyboard (gift)

First pc; Commodore 64, favorite game; Bc&#39;s Quest For Tires ~ HA&#33;

10. Lounge   -   #50
    This post just shows you how fast the world moves, doesn&#39;t it? Now you can get pocket computers with 400mhz processors, 64mb ram.

Specs for my PC aren&#39;t that good, but comparing it to the ones in here put a smile on my face.
    P4 processor 1.8Ghz (but it&#39;s the 850e[?] chip, old version of P4)
    256MB RAM
    40GB hard drive at 7200 rpm
    Geforce 2 64mb gfx card
    DVD drive 16x
    CDRW 16x/12x/40x

And that is already becoming out-dated&#33;

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast