Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Boot From Cd-rom?

Poster
    i was wondering how u switch ur BIOS to boot from the CD-Rom? or DVD-Rom cuz i only have a CD-RW and a DVD-Rom would i put the Windows XP Home in my DVD-Rom?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    either drive should do the job, when ya pc boots up wot cd drive does it see first? whatever 1 is first (after your harddrive of course) is the master drive, go into bios ( hit delete at startup) and find where your boot order is (cant be more specific unless i know what board and bios you running on), 1st should be A drive floppy 2nd will be IDE 0 or harddrive 0 then 3rd cdrom, use page up and down to move the cdrom drive up before IDE 0, it will then look for a boot image in that order. hope this helps. if you can say wot motherboard and bios version you got i can be more detailed.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    im changing my motherboard see and im also putting all my stuff in a case could i transfer everything from mycase to my new one then start up my computer put the CD in and re-install windows with out having to boot it from the start? also how do u run a run one of ur CD-Drives from DOS?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    may be silly question but have you done this sort of thing before? I do this for a living and can get real problems with different hardware configurations, and the bios can be a real mine field if you dont know wot you are doing? when you say you are changing your motherboard, are you changing the processor, memory etc as well? if so what board etc are you buying? is it used or new? also what windows are you running at moment? i can help you but need more information. on the subject of cdrom in dos win xp isnt dos based, you would need to boot from a win me or 98 start disc to run from cd in dos but on that note the win xp disc wont boot in dos. give me more info and i will try to help,

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    im just changing the Motherboard and using all my old stuff i have no and just transfering this to my new mobo. im running XP right now. and here is the link to my mobo if u scroll down u can get the specs from the home page http://www.googlegear.com/jsp/ProductDetai...ductCode=241557

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    cool, right then few more questions and i can get to the setup stuff! are you already using a pentium 4 or celeron processor (478 pins)? also are you using 184 pin DDR Memory at moment (minimum pc1600), make sure its DDR ram, not pc133 or pc100 sdram. if no to either of these what are you using as anything else will not work with the chaintech 9VJL3.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    yup my P4 is a 478 pin i am running and my DDR is 184 PC2100 i have 2 512's runing right now. i made sure everything would be compatable

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    can anyone give me any advice?

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    what other advice do you need?

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    to what i said earlier can I take all myself i have and hook it up to my new mobo then start it and let it load windows then stick win XP and format and re-install Win XP. cuz my computer doesn't seem to want to boot from my DVD-Rom.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast