Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ratio proofs...

Poster BT Rep: +3
    It's cause they all fear me

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Lords is a scary dude. I am defientely scared of him lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by LordS View Post
    It's cause they all fear me
    /me hides
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well we dont do this, and i dont know any other tracker that does.

(i will probably give any member thats done this a heart attack, and every owner/staffer an idea here though lol)

If you send a PM on a tracker, where do you think it gets stored.

on the tracker database.

It would not take that much coding, to write a query that says something like.

Look for tracker, invite, trade, ratio, proof, (tracker names) etc in the PM column of the database, if any get flagged then they get put in a post in the staff forums.

Like i mentioned though, im not saying any tracker actually does this, but it is possible.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    U can just monitor them all with tbdev mods lol.

But I don't think its a good idea, high server load and invasion of privacy.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yeah i agree Lords, ive only ever checked PMs between 2 members before.

that was because we got a report from one of them that they were getting threatened by the other, and it was some pretty nasty stuff.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    well we dont do this, and i dont know any other tracker that does.

(i will probably give any member thats done this a heart attack, and every owner/staffer an idea here though lol)

If you send a PM on a tracker, where do you think it gets stored.

on the tracker database.

It would not take that much coding, to write a query that says something like.

Look for tracker, invite, trade, ratio, proof, (tracker names) etc in the PM column of the database, if any get flagged then they get put in a post in the staff forums.

Like i mentioned though, im not saying any tracker actually does this, but it is possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordS View Post
    U can just monitor them all with tbdev mods lol.

But I don't think its a good idea, high server load and invasion of privacy.
    you two just gave me another good reason not to write anything private or confidential in tracker pms.

in my opinion only sysops should have access to member pms. i'm not saying this because of hidden trading or breaking rules. i just don't want every other mod to read conversations i have with friends, because their are private.

the fact that staff "can" read private messages is enough for me not to use them for private issues.

you stated that you don't do it, fine. i bet there are mods/admins who do a little pm browsing when there are bored.

how do you know they won't if they can? are there logs which pages were visited by staff members doing "their job"? i guess not.
    Last edited by Polarbear; 02-10-2008 at 09:27 AM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    better safe than sorry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12