Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Help Me Please

JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    This may gross some of you out but I am deadly serious here.

I have a problem when brushing my teeth.

Every morning for more years than I care to remember, I brush my teeth and it makes me gag Some mornings I actually thro up (sorry) then have to brush them again

This is weird don't you think??

Does anyone know why this is or do you know anyone this happens too????

Sorry to ask but even the doc can't give me an answer usless ****

Cheers Guys, sorry for the weird thread.

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

2. Lounge   -   #2
    nope not wierd i have same problem...its the minty flavour....some twat thinks that it tastes goood!!!!i have no cure apart from using no toothpaste just brush em dry! for as long as haletosis...i mean possible

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    euch!
    i think it may be a smokers thing.
    i gag when brushing my tounge.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

4. Lounge   -   #4
    yes Jonno, as i live in the same house with you, it does become a worry as the noises you make! :x
    But you must cleen your teeth as you do get smelly after eating the danish blue and black pudding.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Forum Star
    You can get yourself used to it by brushing your tongue as well, getting further backwards everytime.

Concider it as a good deep throat training.

Did I just say that?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Poster
    Happened to a mate of mine. Particularly when he brushed his back teeth. I have heard it happen and it was very distressing for him.

It sounds like a laugh but it really affected his life badly.

Have you tried rinsing your mouth with mouthwash and then brushing them with a wet brush.

Sorry I can't offer you any real help, but you do have my sympathy.

It may be worth talking to an orthodontist, I am sure they are aware of the problem and can give you some helpful advice.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    i think it's probably pretty unusual, if it's a flavour thing, change to a different flavour of toothpaste, you can get kids stuff that tastes like strawberries and other various fruits.

I could understand it more if it's when you brush you're tongue when it gets a bit furry, as that would kick the gag reflex in. i do sometimes when i brush my tongue, but only when i go too far back.

If all else fails, use a clean flannel to "wipe" your teeth, then use a mouthwash. not very efficient, but better than nothing.

*edit* my friend has one of those toothbrushes that you don't actually use a brushing motion much, as it has sonar or ultrasound (something along those lines anyways - in the "wave" form) to gently break the plaque apart, then you rinse with a mouthwash.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    JONNO_CELEBS's Avatar Densly Loadan BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    Thanks Guys

I need to point a couple of things out tho

1-it's not the flavour

2-It does happen when I brush my tounge, but it's also started to happen just before I start brushing, I think it's now getting phycological, cos I sometimes start gaging before I even pick up the brush

3-I don't just gag once, I have to concentrate all the way thru to stop myself

@Bender... Love the way the only silly comment is from a mod Nice one

Jonno B)
    Thinking about 1
    My Place & Arcade

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@31 July 2003 - 23:17
    Thanks Guys

I need to point a couple of things out tho

1-it's not the flavour

2-It does happen when I brush my tounge, but it's also started to happen just before I start brushing, I think it's now getting phycological, cos I sometimes start gaging before I even pick up the brush

3-I don't just gag once, I have to concentrate all the way thru to stop myself

@Bender...       Love the way the only silly comment is from a mod     Nice one

Jonno B)
    This may be "off the wall" but I know you are an open minded sort of dude.

Have you considered hypnotherapy, particularly if the problem is partially psychosomatic.

Again, I am sure that a reputable hypnotherapist would have dealt with this before.

It's not as uncommon as you may think, Phil was just like you.

Try a search on the web for local practitioners, or ask your quack, they will know one.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Ex-member
    looooooook Jonno

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast