Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seed two Trackers at once?

Poster BT Rep: +5
    Is it possible to seed to two private trackers with the same torrent at the same time using the same client? utorrent. Cheers.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    It is. It has been discussed here before. Just be sure that the file is exactly the same on the 2-3 relevant trackers. It is a good way of building ratio, if U download a popular torrent from a tracker (where U either have a good ratio or it's freeleech) and seed it back to 2-4 etc. "problematic" trackers. U browse to the location, the file is hashing and after it's finished - U are on the way.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Thought so. Thanks.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    just make sure you make a new torrent. you cant copy in another announce into the first torrent if itll be considered cheating ratio

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Of course the torrents has to be different in the announce URL. I thought he was talking about a scenario, when having a popular content (film or game or sg), and if that can be seeded on different trackers. Of course every tracker requires its own announce URL, but then I guess that's obvious.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    He means that every tracker needs its own torrent.

you cant just grab one torrent from one tracker, and then insert your Announce url with passkeys into the 1 torrent from another 2 trackers, thats how ghost leechers appear on trackers and you are at a risk of getting banned for that.

and if everyone does that we may as well not have DHT turned off by default in private trackers.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    So as long as i create a new torrent for the website i want to seed to i'll be fine.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    We are talking about the same thing then! The downloaded files (movie, appz, game) should be the same, and the torrentfile (the metadata) HAS to be different. That's what I was trying to say. There is nothing wrong two seed Your downloaded files to two (or even more) different trackers (with different torrentfiles, each for every tracker). At least I interpreted the question this way. It is absolutely clear, that U cannot use the identical torrents.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I'm gonna take the opportunity to clarify one doubt I have:

What I do is I download the content from any given tracker and then I download the torrent files from the trackers where I want to build ratio. I usually rename the torrent files adding some symbol. utorrent then goes and fetches the original content and i start seeding to 2-3 trackers at the same time. This is o.k., isn't it?

Sometimes some trackers release their content in .rar's as opposed to others that release it decompressed. In those cases I decompress the original files and just download the torrent file ( which doesn't have the same name in these cases ) and start seeding the full file.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    escuoop's Avatar ♥♥♥ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Should i use separate files on bt client or use the same file and add the tracker info to the tracker list?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast