Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trading better than giveaways?

tjbzonasul's Avatar Ninjahman BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    very true.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    escuoop's Avatar ♥♥♥ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Usually, traders get what they want.

While others sitting with "Waiting to be invited to bla bla bla" in their signature.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Unfortunately, this is very true.

Quote Originally Posted by escuoop View Post
    Usually, traders get what they want.

While others sitting with "Waiting to be invited to bla bla bla" in their signature.
    Live long and prosper.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    nixonsparanoia's Avatar Poster
    Giveaways are just trades for goodwill. If they weren't there wouldn't be the whole rep system. It doesn't make sense to me that people think someone is worthy of an invite to their leet tracker because they collect trackers, build up ratios to get invites, and then give them away on boards. Someones motivation is more important than their actions. How many people here would give away invites if there weren't a rep system? And this nonsense I read about, "you need to be more active in the community"...the ass kissing community? "Oh you're a good guy *name*, thats a good giveaway."

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    21122012's Avatar Minger BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by Grind$oFine View Post

I've done my share of giveaways and I have to tell you, in most cases it wasn't worth it. People rarely use the tracker, they get banned, they don't follow rules, and in result, I rarely ever give my invites anymore. Sometimes if someone makes a request and I find it genuine, I'll help them out, but even that has grown even more rare.
    This post pretty much sums up what I mean, the person receiving the 'Giveaway' is usually just a curious opportunist, they often only want the site because of the rarity or because they hear lots of requests for it etc. Once in there they all too often think, hmm this site isn't so fantastic after all, but I may as well download the entire Lost series in HD, bollox to the ratio.

The trader on the other hand is almost garaunteed to take good care of the account once he's invited however, He'll make sure he downloads the right thing straight away, only new torrents with plentyt of leechers, part download large files, use a seedbox and even upload his own stuff simply to get the ratio where he needs it for his precious invite!

Obviously I'm generalising here, I've been given invites to fantastic sites that I now love, I wouldn't be there without the blind faith of the guy passing it on to me.

Maybe there needs to be a different system completely?

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by tokiwartooth View Post
    Giveaways are just trades for goodwill. If they weren't there wouldn't be the whole rep system. It doesn't make sense to me that people think someone is worthy of an invite to their leet tracker because they collect trackers, build up ratios to get invites, and then give them away on boards. Someones motivation is more important than their actions. How many people here would give away invites if there weren't a rep system? And this nonsense I read about, "you need to be more active in the community"...the ass kissing community? "Oh you're a good guy *name*, thats a good giveaway."
    nicely put,couldn't have said it better!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    just be careful and you'll be fine. I only give invites on the BCG forum because only power users can access it and I can trust power users

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Quote Originally Posted by tokiwartooth View Post
    How many people here would give away invites if there weren't a rep system? And this nonsense I read about, "you need to be more active in the community"...the ass kissing community? "Oh you're a good guy *name*, thats a good giveaway."
    Amen to that!
    Live long and prosper.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    freedom's Avatar Kizuna ^^ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Also one more thing... did you know that the first giveaway here was made by a trader ?!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    Quote Originally Posted by freesky View Post
    Also one more thing... did you know that the first giveaway here was made by a trader ?!
    didn't know that but i am not surprised

as far as i know most people here traded....i am not 100% sure though.. may be some old member can confirm or deny it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12