Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our popular uTorrent.

FreeCandy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Last edited by FreeCandy; 02-21-2010 at 01:56 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    ronscores's Avatar Bludgeoning Boner!!
    So it's a conspiracy theory now?

But seemingly, looking at all the data being sent (which are specified in that blog post), I wouldn't panic.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    FreeCandy's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by ronscores View Post
    So it's a conspiracy theory now?

But seemingly, looking at all the data being sent (which are specified in that blog post), I wouldn't panic.

Well i am not on panic.
    But i switched that off in options first time i installed uTorrent without knowladge what did i just switch off, but i knew it wasnt something usefull.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    ca_aok's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Shit, they know what your configured max upload rate is! Better light the thermite positioned above my hard drives.

The concerns with DHT were much more relevant than this.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatcdfan View Post
    u are somewhat fairer then the last occasions but still pal i give a damn to what u said and expect i really dont need anything from u or optimuscrime i get what i want coz u 2 guyes dont own bittorrent and i dont think i portrayed any image i wrote simple english and u are seems to be very good at making assumptions if someone is not a cheater and u assume he's a cheater and write what u wrote and when u are proven wrong who u think will owe an apology then barack obama????

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    TraLaLa's Avatar knowledge is power BT Rep: +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95BT Rep +95
    all the data sent back its stolen by fbi omg i will unplug my pc

“The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to an opponent, tolerance; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect; to all men, charity.”

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Nice find, I did know about uTorrent reported some information of your computer and running torrents, but had never seen a detailed analysis of all the stuff uTorrent "phones home".

Just look at all the amount of stuff that gets reported. Glad we can prevent this by disabling auto-updating or removing the addresses from the executable.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    fstrulz's Avatar got milf? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    After uTorrent 1.6, the MPAA bought BitTorrent Inc... It's up to you whether to trust them or not.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Hombre's Avatar Finish Him !!!! BT Rep: +1
    i stay away of utorrent as much i can.
    proud using debian with transmission. wont change to crap utorrent and no privacy.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    kondrae's Avatar Trance BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    proud using debian with transmission. wont change to crap utorrent and no privacy.
    all you have to do is uncheck

And Google is SkyNet!

Skitt's Law: "any post correcting an error in another post will contain at least one error itself"

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    b3owulf's Avatar facepalm.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    Stallman is watching you...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast