Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Illegal downloaders 'face UK ban'

  1. #1
    clocktower's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    cyberspace
    Posts
    197
    People in the UK who go online and illegally download music and films may have their internet access cut under plans the government is considering.


    A draft consultation Green Paper suggests internet service providers would be required to take action over users who access pirated material.

    Under a "three strikes" rule they would receive an e-mail warning, suspension, and then termination of their contract.

    Six million people a year are estimated to download files illegally in the UK.

    Read More here

    CODE
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7240234.stm

  2. BitTorrent   -   #2

  3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    clocktower's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    cyberspace
    Posts
    197
    ooops soz :blush:

  4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    J-dye's Avatar BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Lickey End
    Posts
    1,786
    http://www.torrentfreedom.com/

    i hope that service can save you guys

  5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    730
    $17/month for VPN? try sh3lls or another place thats alot.
    Guess this country:
    -Child porn is legal to possess.
    -Home of lolicon & enjo kosai
    -Subways are littered with "Warning: Perverts lurking" signs
    -Has women only subway cars because of the high sexual assault rates
    -Cartoon child porn is a $6 billion industry
    -90% of child porn on the internet is from this country
    -Ranked equally with Cambodia and Ethiopia for prostitution

  6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    531
    well the simple solution is to rename everything so they say grandmas birthday #1 etc... Sites can stay as is and just rename the torrents being transferred. Maybe we should start making the move now.

  7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /_.-..-._\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by xJohnxSmithx View Post
    well the simple solution is to rename everything so they say grandmas birthday #1 etc... Sites can stay as is and just rename the torrents being transferred. Maybe we should start making the move now.
    Well if we start now, they'll take note and configure whatever plan they have so that when they start this campaign, they'll be ready.
    o hai

  8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    xJohnxSmithx's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    531
    ok good call but if the files are named X, how are they gonna know its really Y unless they go through the contents. That would be a major invasion of privacy.

  9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Zagreb
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,420
    Quote Originally Posted by clocktower View Post
    People in the UK who go online and illegally download music and films may have their internet access cut under plans the government is considering.


    A draft consultation Green Paper suggests internet service providers would be required to take action over users who access pirated material.
    this is nothing new and then again nothing will happend,the only thing what will happend is that ISP-s will lose they customers..and im sure they dont want that...


    http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

  10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /_.-..-._\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    1,246
    Quote Originally Posted by xJohnxSmithx View Post
    ok good call but if the files are named X, how are they gonna know its really Y unless they go through the contents. That would be a major invasion of privacy.
    Very true.... Either way, I doubt they'll go through with this because as Forumas said, they would lose tons of customers and they wouldn't like that at all.
    o hai

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •