Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple Movie Clips on One DVD

Hi folks,

Got an interesting one here that someone might be able to help me with.

Basically I have some home movie clips from some time ago in a VIDEO_TS format.

What I'd love to do is compile a DVD for the GF as a Valentine's Gift (cheap git ) using these clips.

The problem is, how would I go about taking say 5 of the VIDEO_TS files and getting them onto a disc WITH a menu that came up when the disc loaded giving 5 links to the 5 VIDEO_TS files? In other words, I do not want to combine the videos into one long one but instead keep the 5 movies separate and viewable via a menu only.

Is this something that would need something heavy like DVDLab or is there a simpler way of managing this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I think you might be able to make DVD menus in Nero . I tried it once, but it did not work, but then again, back then I was known for doing all kinds of things incorrectly. (Perhaps even now) A quick google search brings up many free choices.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Thanks orcutt989, I did quite a lot of looking about on google and several video forums prior to aksing about this and the problem is not creating a menu - which the majority of software out there can do very simply - but rather creating a menu that can link to MULTIPLE videos that are all burnt on one disc.

It seems DVDLabs is capable of this and also Toast7, although in the latter case it is more of a "workaround" and you would be limited to only two movies per disc.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I have little experience with DVD Labs. Try it out. I have very little experience with DVD menus as well. Sorry about the no-help.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by DepthCharge View Post
    Hi folks,

Got an interesting one here that someone might be able to help me with.

Basically I have some home movie clips from some time ago in a VIDEO_TS format.
    How big is each clip and are you sure that all of them will fit on one dvd?

What I'd love to do is compile a DVD for the GF as a Valentine's Gift (cheap git ) using these clips.

The problem is, how would I go about taking say 5 of the VIDEO_TS files and getting them onto a disc WITH a menu that came up when the disc loaded giving 5 links to the 5 VIDEO_TS files? In other words, I do not want to combine the videos into one long one but instead keep the 5 movies separate and viewable via a menu only.

Is this something that would need something heavy like DVDLab or is there a simpler way of managing this.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    If you feel that all the clips will fit on a dvd without needing to re-encode then I would suggest TempgDVD Author as it really simple to use. Click on the link below for a guide how to go about doing this and just make sure you click on "add DVD video" instead of "add file" in step 2.

TempgDVD Author Guide-> http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/53/59/
    Last edited by DKre8ive1; 02-14-2008 at 10:59 PM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    video_TS files are usually direct dvdrips without compression in my experience, so it's unlikely that u'll be able to fit more than one movie. have you actually checked what the size of your video_TS files are?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    There is plenty of room on a DVD5 to get about 4-5 of these clips on.

The problem I have is that these conversions are now only available on my pc in VIDEO_TS format.

Now if they were avi or something I could just slap them in convertxtodvd and have the option of menus etc no problem.

HOWEVER, because these are in VIDEO_TS format I am a bit unsure on what to do to get a menu-workable dvd.

Do you know if that TempgDVD Author software allows you to import VIDEO_TS files at all?

Many thanks.

----------------------------------------------
    EDIT
    ----------------------------------------------
    Whooooaaaaahhhhh...

Boy am I having some "daft" moments recently!

I just figured out that VSOconvertxtodvd DOES in fact allow you to import VIDEO_TS files for an iso output, which of course means I can use its own very simplistic menu creation software for this.

Bit of a shame I never figured THAT out in time but hey better late than never.

...I hope
    Last edited by DepthCharge; 02-15-2008 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    cow_dung's Avatar 2010 Killua
    Last edited by cow_dung; 02-15-2008 at 11:40 PM.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    messi30's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Winavi thats great, fast and easy of use

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    DKre8ive1's Avatar L0st N S0und BT Rep: +2

Do you know if that TempgDVD Author software allows you to import VIDEO_TS files at all?
    Yes that is why I gave the link to the guide on how to do it.
    Link-> http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/53/59/

Quote Originally Posted by DVDGuides
    Step 2 on Tempg DVD Author:
    Here click Add file and add the DVD mpg files you have created before. The Add DVD Video option can be used if you want to add a full VIDEO_TS folder, with DVD files ready to use. Normally you'll need add file. Of course you can add more than 1 files.
    I am not sure if ConvertXtoDVD will re-encode the files but if does you will loose some more quality And the TempgDVD author program will not re-encode the files it will just create a dvd image so there is no further loss of image quality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast