Thread: From Peerguardian Site

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    From PeerGuardian site

Note To Anti P2P Companies
    Some of you will definetely be sending legal threats my way soon. On BitTorrent, I'm intentionally sharing only a couple of KB of each torrent, but specifically, torrents that you are likely to target, I'm sharing this purely for the purpose of trapping p2p-enemy-IPs, nothing more. 3KB (roughly the amount of each torrent I have) of a file - that's around 1/100000th to 1/200000th of the file, which isn't really a great contribution to copyright infringement! - That's what I'm doing, I do expect legal threats but I'm not really sharing the files, I'm intentionally appearing to share them in order to trap your IPs.

Right on!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I read this the other day and thought so as well, although it seems there down for money at the moment.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    *bump* Whadda ya think?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by zapjb@1 August 2003 - 02:52
    From PeerGuardian site

Note To Anti P2P Companies
    Some of you will definetely be sending legal threats my way soon. On BitTorrent, I&#39;m intentionally sharing only a couple of KB of each torrent, but specifically, torrents that you are likely to target, I&#39;m sharing this purely for the purpose of trapping p2p-enemy-IPs, nothing more. 3KB (roughly the amount of each torrent I have) of a file - that&#39;s around 1/100000th to 1/200000th of the file, which isn&#39;t really a great contribution to copyright infringement&#33; - That&#39;s what I&#39;m doing, I do expect legal threats but I&#39;m not really sharing the files, I&#39;m intentionally appearing to share them in order to trap your IPs.

Right on&#33;
    It&#39;s kinda funny that hes doing it. Sad that he has to tell the RIAA though.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by zapjb@2 August 2003 - 08:32
    *bump* Whadda ya think?
    Aint tat a bit desperate.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    i seen that the other day

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Poster
    I THINK we really better start HELPING Meth... because it&#39;s OUR rights he&#39;s defending.

Here&#39;s some things to think about:

Sbc Comm. Sue The Riaa and WHO ELSE?
    Shouldn&#39;t we be blocking the OTHER GUYS?

How much can be learned just by plugging company names into search engines like GOOGLE?

Block ip ranges to...
    MediaForce:209.133.244.0-209.133.244.255

RIAA is running almost certainly AS SUPERNODES on Kazaa/fasttrack network.
    Even if you&#39;re blocking the listing of your shared files, you&#39;re passing the whole list onto the supernode&#33;

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    i agree switeck- hey can you check out this guide to submitting ranges and let me know what i should change/add etc

http://mercuria.no-ip.org/pg/index.php?showtopic=141

(fyi the pg forum now requires registration)

thanks

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Poster
    Originally posted by dingdongding@2 August 2003 - 16:38
    i agree switeck- hey can you check out this guide to submitting ranges and let me know what i should change/add etc

http://mercuria.no-ip.org/pg/index.php?showtopic=141

(fyi the pg forum now requires registration)

thanks
    It looks good, but I&#39;m too burned out at the moment to subject those above-mentioned companies to all those tests.

Must sleep...at least for a few hours.