Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help decideing on new pc or laptop

clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    I'm not sure but if I had to guess I'd say no, it'll just have the 32 bit version.
    I'm currently running 64 bit XP Pro and don't have too many problems but there are a few apps that aren't happy (but fewer than a year ago).

I'll be trying 64 bit Vista soon and expect it'll be just about the same.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    thanks for the info once again, bah how could they not put it on the manuf. disk wtf. Welll i will jus use the new ram see how it works,. if not i guess i will get the 64 bit vista. Thats bunk if they dont include the new 64 with a new purchase. Cmon microsoft, its a robbery if people who have preinstalled vista have to pay more for an upgrade to 64 when its included in the store version.
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by ZLOsiris View Post
    Cmon microsoft, its a robbery if people who have preinstalled vista have to pay more for an upgrade to 64 when its included in the store version.
    Why are you blaming MS?
    It would be the OEM's decision not to pay for the full version and save a few bucks.
    Besides, it makes their life a lot simpler if they only have to come up with only one set of drivers.

Before you decide to upgrade to 64 bit I'd recommend you find out if the necessary drivers are available for your hardware.
    Laptops tend to be extraordinarily proprietary and tracking down the software could be a problem.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12