Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is there a hierarchy?

Poster BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by deathracer View Post
    the reason i wanted to know is cause i can get dvd's 2 weeks before they hit the stores, but i dont know where i should upload them or whatever. recently i got a screener and handed it to a release group and they had me talk to them on irc and upload it to an "ftp" in the netherlands whatever that is. but yeah i wanted to make sure that i was doing the right thing by giving it to a group or if i should up it my self.
    deathracer it just depends on what you want do to, meaning what you like supporting.

If you're a Usenet geek, then you'd spread it around there.
    If you're a Warez geek, then you'd spread it around there.
    If you're a torrent geek, then you'd spread it around there.

You get the point? Whatever types of pirating medium you are into, Usenet, Warez, P2P, etc... you just go that route, and you can just do it all on your own.

You can upload to Usenet, you can upload to Warez places, server, etc., you can upload on torrent sites.

The sky's the limit, just pick what you like and put it in those circles, it doesn't matter....

PEACE

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Johnneke's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    I'd say your always best of when you can supply to a scene group, if you can supply stuff on regular bases you will be granted 'leech' on the private ftp sites they use. It basically works the same with ratios normally, which is why the racers race releases to other sites (builds up there ratio). While suppliers are mostly granted 'leech' access for either a certain amount a week or unlimited.

If you choose to spread it through usenet or torrents the scene will pick it up anyways, even though they hate p2p. Ironically cause alot of sceners on the other hand spread stuff to torrents etc.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    lukee's Avatar Suit up!
    Quote Originally Posted by deathracer View Post
    the reason i wanted to know is cause i can get dvd's 2 weeks before they hit the stores, but i dont know where i should upload them or whatever. recently i got a screener and handed it to a release group and they had me talk to them on irc and upload it to an "ftp" in the netherlands whatever that is. but yeah i wanted to make sure that i was doing the right thing by giving it to a group or if i should up it my self.
    supply a group.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12