Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: ScT banning Polish IP's too

Yinon's Avatar Pointless line BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinon View Post
    You can't blame Israelis for cheating. The infrastructure in Israel is very poor, Plus ISPs that limit ports, and the way over priced high speed connections, make it impossible to maintain a ratio of even 1, without cheating.
    the problem with your statment is, that there are many countries who have a much worse infrastructure and even worse internet connections.
    suprisingly enough there isn't a significant high amount of cheaters in those countries.

if you're telling us that the only possibilty for israelis to maintain a proper ratio in bittorrent trackers is to cheat, you're not doing your fellow countrymen a favour.

last time i checked israel wasn't a third world country. it has one of the highest household broadband penetration rates in the world, building on even higher internet penetration.

so do not tell anyone that israelis have to cheat! that pure nonsense and you know that very well.

rather than finding lame excuses you should try to do something about the cheating mentality that many israelis have.

before a whole bunch of people from israel call me a racist or whatever - i didn't make the statistics that prove those facts.
    The highest internet speed connection here is 10Mb download and 1Mb upload, on paper. De facto, we can't even reach half of that speed on file sharing. The monthly pay for such a connection is more than 85$.
    -------
    A bitme.org invite is highly welcomed (:

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    UK

20meg down, 756k up capped between 4pm and 12am to 5meg down, 256K up.

£40 a month, or $80 a month.

and i dont cheat and never have, so dont talk crap.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Bleacher's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    You can't blame Israelis for cheating. The infrastructure in Israel is very poor, Plus ISPs that limit ports, and the way over priced high speed connections, make it impossible to maintain a ratio of even 1, without cheating.
    Buy a seedbox then or donate for some credit, cheating is just....stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Feeling View Post
    i thinking we should add .pt .ro .br .in to the ban list next
    Hehe your a meanie FeeFee!

and lol you got 5 thumbs down for that post...lol
    Last edited by Bleacher; 02-18-2008 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    100/100 - Seedbox Whore

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post

the problem with your statment is, that there are many countries who have a much worse infrastructure and even worse internet connections.
    suprisingly enough there isn't a significant high amount of cheaters in those countries.

if you're telling us that the only possibilty for israelis to maintain a proper ratio in bittorrent trackers is to cheat, you're not doing your fellow countrymen a favour.

last time i checked israel wasn't a third world country. it has one of the highest household broadband penetration rates in the world, building on even higher internet penetration.

so do not tell anyone that israelis have to cheat! that pure nonsense and you know that very well.

rather than finding lame excuses you should try to do something about the cheating mentality that many israelis have.

before a whole bunch of people from israel call me a racist or whatever - i didn't make the statistics that prove those facts.
    The highest internet speed connection here is 10Mb download and 1Mb upload, on paper. De facto, we can't even reach half of that speed on file sharing. The monthly pay for such a connection is more than 85$.
    oh well, that excuses everything. you are right, just continue to cheat!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    cocalait's Avatar Yowsa BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    I understand it's a complicated situation but one thing is having a lousy connection and another thing is to CHEAT in a community. I have a bad home connection (256kbp/s upload) and you know what I did? Cheated? No, I got a seedbox. There are always other alternatives, it's you the one who chooses if you take the easy way or the hard way.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Nobody has to cheat. Even when I was on a 56k modem I kept a good ratio at Elite Torrents. Used it a hell of a lot too.
    how could u keep good ratio at sct for example by 56k modem when most of sct users useing seedboxs with at least 8 mb ? if u will download pc game and its size 5 GB from there then belive me if u will even seed it for months u wont get ur ratio 1.1 i say never !

and like cocalait said when u finsh the downloading u wont find any one to seed for him u will find its over already !

to ban a whole country ips its just unfair

and i gusse its not about (only )cheaters its about donors too sct was just fine before ban all those countrys
    Last edited by supper; 02-18-2008 at 02:22 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    cocalait's Avatar Yowsa BT Rep: +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17BT Rep +17
    Quote Originally Posted by supper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    Nobody has to cheat. Even when I was on a 56k modem I kept a good ratio at Elite Torrents. Used it a hell of a lot too.
    how could u keep good ratio at sct for example by 56k modem when most of sct users useing seedboxs with at least 8 mb ? if u will download pc game and its size 5 GB from there then belive me if u will even seed it for one year 24/24 u wont get ur ratio 1.1 i say never !
    It would take him almost 9 days to download it maxing out his connection.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Yinon's Avatar Pointless line BT Rep: +1
    I never said cheating is good or justified. It's bad and parasitic. I'm just saying that it's not fun to be banned because of my fellow cheaters.
    At this rate it'll be public trackers for me ):
    -------
    A bitme.org invite is highly welcomed (:

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Feeling View Post
    i thinking we should add .pt .ro .br .in to the ban list next
    ban every country and keep the tracker to yourself

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by cocalait View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by supper View Post
    how could u keep good ratio at sct for example by 56k modem when most of sct users useing seedboxs with at least 8 mb ? if u will download pc game and its size 5 GB from there then belive me if u will even seed it for one year 24/24 u wont get ur ratio 1.1 i say never !
    It would take him almost 9 days to download it maxing out his connection.
    Benchi was talking about the beginning of bit torrent when elite torrents the undisputed king and was around long before ScT was a glimmer in the coders eye, and back then alot of the files were smaller.

That being said I come from a small country that has a far worse infrastructure than that quoted for Israel, in fact most upload connections here are limited to 128k or 256k max yet no one here feels the blinding urge to cheat. Saying that your ISP's capping your speed forces you to cheat is horse pucky, look at all the comcast users in the US being throttled, yet you do not hear a single one say oh I've got a slow internet connection so I have to cheat, its your mentality that you believe you have to cheat, and you just look an ass for saying it.

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast