Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Ban Lifted

thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by Rumbum@2 August 2003 - 12:56
    I would just like to state that I am not using an alias on this forum. I do however have four good 'friends' who use this computer and forum when they are not banned.
    However, there is a basic practice which is suitable for everyone bacause it is so simple. Being simple, it is deep and beneficial; benificial because its simplicity means there will be few mistakes. We begin with loving-kindness, working at the level of our present understanding and with our present conception of the world, by trying to imagine the nicest, purest form of happiness we know. This will vary from person to person but it does not matter we just think of the very best thing and as soon as we have formed it in the imagination we share it with all beings, praying that they may have this happiness equally. Not to think of ourselves but just about others, wishing them this relative happiness we think so nice. this is the first step. It makes little sense in the ultimate but it is, on our level, a start.

The next step is to call to mind any friend or acquaintence who is happier or better off than we are and just try to be happy for them. appreciate their achievement. Think of friends first because it is easier. Then do the same, but for someone who is not so close to us. When we can do this we move on to someone who is not very kind to us and try to appreciate, pray for, their happiness. Then progress to someone who is really cruel to us, who really hates us and finally to someone that we really hate. If they hate us, it is minor; if we hate them it is major because our hatred makes things very hard -there are many strong feelings to overcome

You see that my solution requires a change in the way you think. You need to work on yourself Rumbum.

2. Lounge   -   #52
    Poster
    He will have time for that now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456