Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: No Community Reps Means You Can Trade Everything!

BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    all the reps will be back (or maybe they still here) just without the rep tags
    so they can still catch people and band them
    you dont have to be with 5 stars tag to ban people form trackers the staffers can do it as regular members here

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Poster BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelabel View Post
    all the reps will be back (or maybe they still here) just without the rep tags
    so they can still catch people and band them
    you dont have to be with 5 stars tag to ban people form trackers the staffers can do it as regular members here
    don't know why they removed their titles

thanks for the reply

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    One way it's good and not in the other those that get cought tradeing where there not supposed to have a bigger chance now to get cought. And it milks out people that do not wish to remain to be part of that tracker. The problem i see how would a person resolve a problem with a certain tracker if community reps are not here? an issue of trust comes into play not knowing who is who if somebody else offer their help i have solved a few problems here when i had no access to the site or irc via community rep.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    So we have the BT invites section to trade and hold giveaways but we also suggest that our members uphold respective site rules as best they can.
    A little slippery of you there Detale ?, there is little in the way of suggestions that members uphold site rules here, and most of those that engage in trading especially of a/c's no full well that this breaks the membership rules of the trackers that they belong to (with as you say 'some' exceptions).
    In a way I agree the CR agreements were a half assed solution, especially for those sites not wishing their invites to be given away in public. I think the reaction from the majority of trackers will be more rigorous enforcement of their site rules, and probably a continuation of the trend for trackers to close or severely limit their invitation system.
    But then trade was always about personal gain rather than any kind of community spirit anyway ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    But then trade was always about personal gain rather than any kind of community spirit anyway ?
    I'm afraid so....

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    SCR's Avatar H2SO4 BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by Emperator View Post
    1 question

What FST staff thinks about trading invites / accounts, or giving away invites ?

Im asking this to

Skizo, RealitY, KFlint, Detale

im just Curious
    Sorry for interfering on this but the answer to this is pretty much in here : https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...d-first-124002
    If you take a closer look you will find this in the guidelines :
    "Respect Communities You're A Member Of
    Who You Invite

Most sites want you to invite those you know and trust.
    At the least read their posts to get familiar with them.
    If possible check their profile at mutual torrent sites.
    Site Names And URL Links

DO NOT post links or names of sites that don't want them posted.
    DO NOT post names with spaces and similar to bypass filters.
    DO NOT post images with this information for these sites.
    Read the rules of the sites you're a member at and if you choose
    to break them don't complain if action is taken against you."
    I think that FST rules and guidelines are pretty good .
    I see things this way : When someone joins FST comunity it has 30 days before beeing allowed to enter the Invite Section . If that someone is smart uses those 30 days to get familiar with the forum and see how things go in here i am mainly refering to this : trade ? or not trade ? Well there are 30 days for everyone to decide if they are here to trade or be a part of the comunity here and learn some things about the BT comunity that u can`t really learn in other places (i searched ... didn`t find any as good as FST is)
    There are some advantages in just beeing a part of this comunity : like one staff from FSC(and not only) said : u have the chance here to get noticed(by the right people) and get invited in places where u can never join by trading (and that`s a fact).
    If the trading way is what someone choses ... well then that`s his choice but it is a long term suicidal choice (at least that`s how i see it ) because u will eventually get caught and start losing every tracker u are in (another fact).
    Bottom line : FST doesn`t encourage trading or public giveaways it only allows it.

P.S All that i have written above is my way off seeing how FST is.
    “Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.”

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I agree with SCR as far as the rules. I don't agree with the account trading but you can't always have your cake and eat too can you? Also the staff are not here to babysit other trackers only this forum. I think BT mods, and administers, prefer to join in on intellectual conversations versus playing the role of dad or a BT cop(Thats why they tend to hangout in the lounge or everything related to this board sections of the forums). But thats hard to do as well.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    well whatever else happens, I hope Kflint enforces the infraction rule over the rather disgusting tags that this thread is attracting.........

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    well whatever else happens, I hope Kflint enforces the infraction rule over the rather disgusting tags that this thread is attracting.........
    the tag thing all of a sudden is being misused a lot. atleast they were entertaining previously. now its just gross. unless some infractions are handed out, people are not going to learn.

the title of this thread is extremely misleading to newcomers here who do not have much background or understanding of what has happened. as such, most trackers have been against invite trading and for CRs to agree not to act upon it was always a compromise of the tracker rules. this was waiting to happen and im glad that it finally did. atleast now the tracker staff here have the power to act when someone is found trading. so if you ask me, the situation has gotten worse for invite/account traders. the title of this thread should be the opposite!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    I also think the title although not misleading only shows one side of the equation and my previous posts in this thread have been an attempt to point out the other side, unfortunately though most can only see that there are now no rules for trading, anything bt related is up for trade. Of course as I also mentioned and others have too, there are now no invite rules for the CR's to follow either so any trading or public giveaways that are against the rules of the tracker involved will result in a ban if the user is caught. Simple choice really, but I think all the 'my account has been stolen' threads that are about to appear will fall on far deafer ears than before from the tracker staff.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast