Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: If I have enough, why do I get more?

1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    i have one of my pcs 24/7 downloading/seeding, and i can't have enough of it.
    as i spend most of my time outside home, when i return at night many times i spend lots of time burning the stuff i downloaded, and adding new torrents.
    As of this friday i will start working as a cocktail barman many nights a week, i guess i'll have to find a way to control my pc remotely via my PDA. I'm already working on that.

yeah, i'm addicted.
    lol thats sweet man

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    Sharing since 2002 BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    You just need 5 steps:

Step 1: Recognize the problem: do you check email incessantly when it is not entirely necessary? Do you go back to the same websites again and again? How many hours a day do you spend surfing the web?

Step 2: Recognize the reasons. The Internet is always available and cheaper than alcohol addiction, and legal unlike drug addiction. It offers escape just like drugs and alcohol. Once you realize these reasons, you can pinpoint Internet addiction as a real problem and not something to be scoffed at as not being a “real” addiction.

Step 3: Cut down on Internet use. This is, of course, easier said than done. You can’t stop checking email any more than you can stop checking the mail box. You can, however, stop checking it with the same frequency. Set the maximum amount you use the computer a day. This applies to chat rooms, games, online gambling, social networking sites (Myspace), and other sites that take up your time.

Step 4: Take walks, go out to eat, leave your office or home—i.e. get away from the computer. Breaking away for a few hours can help clear the head. If you have wifi, don’t take the computer with you.

Step 5: Start a new hobby, read a book, play games with a friend, play sports. Try to find offline activities that fill up your time.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2027447_over...addiction.html

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    We all need to get out more Sgt.

Yes, yes you do.
    Hey hey now...I been going through some *Serious Issues* that prevents me from leaving my computer. *Cough fst cough*..

Quote Originally Posted by xJohnxSmithx View Post
    lmao

i think most torrenters go through a cycle and excessive dling is part of it. don't worry it will pass
    I had that problem from 2005-2006 when i was on Oink. I couldn't stop downloading. Now i mainly seed(24/7) my computer never goes off unless i have to update my files via microsoft update or reboot, because it's been a few days.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-19-2008 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    If your bandwidth isn't going to be used otherwise, why not do it (as long as you seed 1:1 or better).

(Image stolen from Kyokushin)

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I seed 5:5 and better if i can. At least 1:1 though.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    BOOM's Avatar You are who you are. BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    find a doctor.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    bikernin's Avatar KatanaLover BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    this thread is getting more and more theraputic in nature!
    best solution - get a girl (and pray shes not a geek too)

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Talk to your school councilor? Read the bible. Or simply just use slow ass public trackers.
    lol using the public trackers is answer

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Long John Silver
    Hello everyone, my name is buggyfresh and I too am a torrent-aholic :-|

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    More advice? How about you just find another addiction? I hear meth is fun. It'll keep your house clean too
    See ya in another life, brother.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast