Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: bitmetv question

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by Pzero View Post
    I only feel the 20 max (before power user) torrent thing is what really makes it difficult. I do what most people have suggested (as in grab stuff from other sites to get some free mb up), I also just download the popular stuff at 0 hours (and hope the peers are only at about 30% completion when I jump in).

Is it possible to only dl a partial .avi? like only 50% of all the pieces, since BitMeTV files usually come as 1 avi (for single episodes).
    AFAIK with single avi's, no, its all or nothing. I never had an issue with the 20 limit to be honest...

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Bitmetv is a tough site to seed in. Best option is to purchase a seed box, doing alot of partial seeding on new torrents, download from other sites like TL and seed back the same exact file (Tv show) on bitmetv, and final option, donate for upload credit.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    You can partial seed with single avi's download around 10 percent then click on the files tab click on the avi right click that is and select dont download and it will seed what you have already downloaded thats with utorrent download a little more by starting the file and select dont download again depending if you want the fill or not if not just remove it.
    Last edited by sleepyy; 02-19-2008 at 08:03 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    If you have say... SCC ( which has some of the fastest pre times if not the fastest ) just download from SCC, unzip the file ( SCC only makes scene releases ), and strat seeding that file to BitmeTV when it is released there. BitmeTV and other places have a TV guide so that you know more or less when the most popular TV shows are going to get released. Be alert!!

That, of course, raises a new problem... cause seeding in SCC is also not easy.

In the end, IMHO, if you want to have top trackers the only way you are going to have confortable ratios there is by having at least a very good connection, preferably a seedbox and/or be ready to seed every file for days and days on end. It will eventually get your ratio back to 1:1.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    21122012's Avatar Minger BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by leopalas View Post

That, of course, raises a new problem... cause seeding in SCC is also not easy.

better still, install bit-che and search the public sites for the files

BTJunkie is well on the ball with releases, the speeds are good and you dont need to worry about the ratio!

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    I use the RSS and set it up so that it downloads all my favorite shows automatically with utorrent. by the time I get home from work the torrents are uploaded at least 150% (usually more) ive not long been a member there and already Ive got a nice buffer. Check the BMTV forums out it explains there how to set it all up.

but you dont need a seed box just download the files quickley

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Space is the Place! BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04 View Post
    I use the RSS and set it up so that it downloads all my favorite shows automatically with utorrent. by the time I get home from work the torrents are uploaded at least 150% (usually more) ive not long been a member there and already Ive got a nice buffer. Check the BMTV forums out it explains there how to set it all up.

A seedbox is not a good option for me.
    This sounds like a good idea, I want to use bitmetv as my only tv source because it specializes in tv series, I do not want to use other sites for tv shows. How risky is it downloading the entire shows using rss? Do you always maintain a ratio over 1.5 from it?
    Thanks

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    munkyboy04's Avatar Monkey Mafia BT Rep: +3
    Ive not had a problem yet. all the shows that ive downloaded all have a ratio over 1 none are below thats after a few hours. Most are over 2.

I suppose it depends what your upload speed is though, mine gets to about 85kB but if you had less it still would work, just take a bit longer.

RSS downloads have sorted out my ratio because before i was struggling. Its a bit of a pain in the arse setting up. But there are some really good istructions in the BMTV forums and that sorted it with a bit of trial and error

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Quote Originally Posted by eslip View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by munkyboy04 View Post

A seedbox is not a good option for me.
    This sounds like a good idea, I want to use bitmetv as my only tv source because it specializes in tv series, I do not want to use other sites for tv shows. How risky is it downloading the entire shows using rss? Do you always maintain a ratio over 1.5 from it?
    Thanks
    It will also depend on what shows you want, and what time/dates they air. For instince: if you want show A, B, and C, and they all air different days of the week, you would probably be fine. But if they all air on the same day of the week, you may run into trouble trying to get a 1/1 ratio on all 3 at once. Just use your best judgement before setting up RSS, and think about things like this first.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Pzero's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Can you link me to the a guide in bitmetv about RSS, or how you can set it to automatically download something? All I know basically is to paste the RSS Direct Download link into my utorrent RSS feed and it updates every 15 mins etc...But I have no idea how to/or if I can choose certain torrents to be downloaded automatically.

The guides I searched up in the forums seem to be locked as they were regarding what link to paste in the feed (seems when RSS was being reimplemented back then).
    >><<

Waffles|What|BitMe|BitMeTV|Revtt|TL|TD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast