Thread: Sygate Personal Firewall Pro

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    Does it include a popup and ad blocker? cuz i was told sygate is the best, and zonealarm isn't, but at least zonealarm has a pop up blocker thing
    so does it?

and btw: r there any things i need to know about sygate firewall that i don't know about. and i just installed the firewall 2 minutes ago.

and 1 more thing: I heard from all over this forum that Sygate is the best, and is better than Zonealarm. But when i ran the security checks with sygate running, it passed most of them, but some it didn't really pass. But otoh, Zonealarm passed all of them?!?!
    so is zonealarm the best, or Sygate?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I thought Sygate was the best until i tested it... it totaly let me down... don't know wot 2 do now....

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Test it here ------------ this link was given by sharedholder

http://www.securitymetrics.com/portscan.adp

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    I heard from all over this forum that Sygate is the best, and is better than Zonealarm. But when i ran the security checks with sygate running, it passed most of them, but some it didn't really pass. But otoh, Zonealarm passed all of them?!?!
    so is zonealarm the best, or Sygate?

which is the best? I tend to be overprotective of my stuff, even though i'm only sharing like 2 movies, and 3 games. I deleted all my music because of RIAA. I know, I know, they prob won't catch me, but i try to be very cautious -_- :beerchug: