Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: torrent trackers locking down invite systems

fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    So everyone has been a little annoyed or upset or happy with FST's new decision, however I just wanted to throw my opinion out there...and inform the public about a few changes that they will be seeing in the next week or so at a few major sites.

All email addresses will be locked in at major sites that dont have this already.

Invites are being pulled from 3 sites by the end of the week that I know of.

Not to say this is solely attributed to FST's little change of heart, but more that it was on the back burner but recent changes have...speed up plans.

So with that in mind, I will be saying farewell to FST for the most part...as this will turn into people just screaming for invites and scammers slamming the forum, such as the scammer offering an iTS invite, or the one offering a level 9 invite. There are none, no level 9 has invites and iTS just pulled all invites this weekend. So this essentially is going down hill real fast. Poor old FST, you had a good run and treated me well...but I think our relationship is ending real fast.

I enjoyed helping people here, spamming people with jokes and making other users laugh...but this forum has changed and well, I think I should leave before it falls on its face too hard.

I will wonder on every once and a while to find a few people to give accounts to at various upper level trackers that dont have invites, but dont look for my presence to be equal to what it has been up to this point.

however as a friend who is sysop at a lvl9 said to me today. "Right on, another zeropaid"

Thats the reason I left that forum...and now this is the reason I am leaving this one.

So farewell.

If you are going to trade, well just use the middleman, dont be an idiot and trust people offering something too good to be true. Such as a Lvl 9 invite or account...or invites for trackers that have no invites.

If you arent going to trade, well, good luck surviving the scammers.
    Last edited by fatcat69; 02-20-2008 at 04:37 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    what the fucking problem with trading

whats the difference between giveaway to someone that you dont know and trade with someone that you dont know.

in both cases the person can be chaeter... so whats so bad in trading?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    maybe oneday all torrent sites gona be lvl 1000000 because there going to be no invites to get in... ?
    i like skittles.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

Thats the reason I left that forum...and now this is the reason I am leaving this one.

So farewell.
    farewell

peace

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    fazzy07's Avatar Something Something BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I thought you were a sysop or CR of some level 9 tracker reading your speech

Damn, you guys think too highly of yourselves

Anyways, one can always be a silent reader instead of high profile spammer because FST has all the bittorrent news you will get

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Hey, things change, but guess what? They may not be done changing. Just because the whole CR thing is gone, doesn't mean that something else won't come into place in the future. I'm sure fst is still working on different ways to accomplish what they were trying to do with CR's. Yea, things have gone downhill since the change, but just give it some time before you give up on fst entirely. No one knows what the future holds, we can only wait and see. As for the trackers response, good move IMO. Keeping tighter communities is never a bad idea IMO, unless you just close forever.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    Not everything is lost. We have great staff here doing a very good job.. and I'm sure some new arrangement will come with CRs (I hope lol)

Scammers were here before. The change isn't the cause of it. It's a shame, but you have some bad users everywhere. And I don't think this change will cause BT's apocalypse lol.

But if you think leaving is the right thing for you, then so be it.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by kaffeine; 02-20-2008 at 05:02 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    SenorBubbz's Avatar /¨_¨°.-.§.-.°¨_¨\ BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Hey, things change, but guess what? They may not be done changing. Just because the whole CR thing is gone, doesn't mean that something else won't come into place in the future. I'm sure fst is still working on different ways to accomplish what they were trying to do with CR's. Yea, things have gone downhill since the change, but just give it some time before you give up on fst entirely. No one knows what the future holds, we can only wait and see. As for the trackers response, good move IMO. Keeping tighter communities is never a bad idea IMO, unless you just close forever.
    Closing forever is one of the worst things a tracker can do. As many people have mentioned before, every tracker needs "new blood" or "fresh meat" to keep the tracker going. The old members will eventually leave or forget about their account completely. Look at UK-T. They only have "super elite" members but their content sucks ass and they are barely active, according to the review of course. Since I'm not a member there I'm in no position to criticize them.

All I'm saying is that trackers should REALLY think about what they are doing before they close invites for a long period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by kaffeine View Post
    Not everything is lost. We have great staff here doing a very good job.. and I'm sure some new arrangement will come with CRs (I hope lol)

Scammers were here before. The change isn't the cause of it. It's a shame, but you have some bad users everywhere. And I don't think this change will cause BT's apocalypse lol.

But if you think leaving is the right thing for you, then so be it.
    Good luck.
    Scammers are stupid, look at most scam threads. They tell you they will be giving you something "awesome" which they probably will never get their hands on.
    Last edited by SenorBubbz; 02-20-2008 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    o hai

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    I was thinking of making this forum my second home, but with the recent change, I have to rethink about that. In a short time I was here I have learn a lot; I was hoping to give back what I had learn to helping newer members.
    I love this forum to much to just leave but I will spend far less time here.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22BT Rep +22
    Sorry to see you go fatcat, you have contributed a lot to this forum in your time here and your posts always made me laugh (at least the ones that were meant to).
    Hope things don't become as bad as you predict, but I have a feeling you may be right.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast