Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: some stats on waffles vs oink (what inc.)

Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorBubbz View Post
    Waffles > What > > OiNK

but they don't care about what you think, they won't do jack
    Fixed.

yo

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I would take all these concerns to the sysop or administrators on Waffles to better assist you, flame you for questioning them, or whatever else they do. Actually a couple of the Administrators on waffles are really nice, they just don't like to be bothered with stupid questions or an off approach trying to get an issue resolved. Also remmeber user limits being raised are determined by a range of different reasons, not just peer to seed ratio's. Also depends on the capacity of the server their currently renting, tracker needs (If their lacking a suitable amount of members) I would pay more attention to what DKre8ive1 and Krunktastic said as their both admins and probably have a clearer idea on what sysops and their respective titles look for.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorBubbz View Post
    I agree... I just think that some Sysops don't give a rat's ass about anyone's opinion except their admins and moderators....
    Keyword "Some" but that some is slim. Most Sysops that own the trackers we all are apart of do care(Very much so). Some of them just have inflated ego's or tyrannical ways of running their tracker. Being the tyrant in this case is not always bad (Especially the way Oink ran their site) It works. Rules are rules for a reason, if you respect quality and want more quality members that make all the difference.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-21-2008 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Hanz™'s Avatar making the world go BT Rep: +3
    This all depends on the capacity of the server. Waffles will be getting a new one soonish I'm sure.
    Waffles also seems to have a slow buy steady tactic of increasing the invite limit in small amounts in order that only the best people get invited...

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    what is better than seed academy bulgaria
    E X I G O Member
    E X I G O Member
    E X I G O Member
    E X I G O Member

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Pzero's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    A decent majority of the current users of Waffles are dedicated users who are seeding much more than 1 torrent...after all these were the people who actually cared after OiNK died and went right away to ohax and all that...of course there are some pricks who seed nothing or the bare minimum, but my point is, that your analysis is slightly off.
    >><<

Waffles|What|BitMe|BitMeTV|Revtt|TL|TD

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    one thing good about more users on a tracker (specially a music tracker) is that the more users you have, the more variety, for example you like classical music, how many of the 30k users do you think are interested in classical music? and how many of those would want to share their files? at least with 190k users, you'll have more chances of finding people who have the same taste in music as you do, that is why OiNK was so succesful because there were enough users for each genre and seeding/leeching would be easier because there are more peers. I don't have waffles but I'm facing a similar problem on what, I use it mostly for punk and only the famous ones or ones that had freeleech has allot of seeds and the not-so famous ones have <8 seeds.
    Last edited by PACE; 02-22-2008 at 04:51 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    aburyach's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I'm taking out my frustration over the demise of OiNK by seeding extra hard. Currently at 148 torrents for waffles (:

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    n00b BT Rep: +4
    sadly, nothing will ever be as good as oink was.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by aburyach View Post
    I'm taking out my frustration over the demise of OiNK by seeding extra hard. Currently at 148 torrents for waffles (:
    I had that many torrents at one time, but removed them due to me being such a n00b at labeling my torrents correctly. I was getting warning's left and right and didn't want to get permanently booted from the tracker. Always good to upload as much as you can though.

Quote Originally Posted by pimfram View Post
    sadly, nothing will ever be as good as oink was.
    Probably right, I only knew of a few hand full of sites when Oink was around. The only good thing i can't say i'm fortunate for? Is discovering this place and some of the sites i am now currently a member of(Thanks to some really good and generous members here).
    Last edited by grimms; 02-22-2008 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    give waffles time. it's been progressing great so far, there's no reason to think it won't reach what oink was in the future. i alone could probably find another 30 albums to upload when I have more time, make that 40-50 if i rip them in flac as well. it's a 70 000 torrent gap, let's see what the difference will be by summer. probably a hell of a lot closer, if not equal to oinks torrents.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast