I am currently trying to abide and deal with the smell I am emitting; it seems to get worse the more I bemoan our stock on this board.

I realize we are not going to win the International Popularity Contest via our current foreign-policy; I have never been privy to an instance of the accomplishment of painful, discomfitting, or unpopular tasks in any situation or venue which resulted in the type of acclaim others seem to think the U.S. needs or desires.

The U.K. (excuse me-I meant to say Tony Blair and the U.K. military) has, so far, worked with us in four-square fashion; while we certainly don't enjoy the support of Nigel Q. Public, we hope someday he will discern the positive aspects of our aims and actions.

As to the origin of this thread, these issues revolving around international "lack of respect" are small potatoes; I look forward to more substantial fare.

BTW-JPaul: "appalling"=two "l's" next time, yes? I mention it only because I feel sure you will be using it often as we progress.

Now, where's that pit-stick?