• yes of course

75 64.66%
  • NO

26 22.41%
  • i hope all the trackers dont have ratio system

15 12.93%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NO ratio system

Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think no ratios is a great idea on any tracker with enough active peers on it. For smaller sites it wouldn't work so well I dont think... If I had a tracker, it would be without ratio, seed to 1/1 OR 48 hours without any leechers, not continuous seeding, but total. Also maybe a side rule to allow slower uploaders to get off of well seeded torrents after 48 hours even with leechers and not a 1/1 ratio yet.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by SPACE View Post
    Every site should have a ratio system like TVT(COM), you need credits to download (ex. 1Gcredits=1GB worth of downloads) and the only way to get credits is to seed, they have a 1:1.5 ratio to credits (ex. 1GB uploaded=1.5GCredits).
    well thats

ok but i mean or i wish every tracker just give more attention on for how long u can seed not how much ur speed coz not every one can get seedbox or not every one have fast internet connection and thats the reason who increasing the cheaters and increasing the banned countrys

too well yea i know removeing the ratio system has some weak points but i think its better then u have 100 cheaters in the trackers and then the staff just ban the whole country and u will not see those ppl who seeding untell death like some one download file 5 GB and upload 50 GB to

make huge buffer u relly dont need it i think it will give more chance for the most of kind torrenters( torrent is about sharing u know ) thats beside u will be able to download only what u want not to download every single torrent file to have buffer and will increasing the seeding life time also will stop the hit and run as well.

tracker like F*N for example what happend when they removed the ratio system is this made it worse? ppl started to complain ( the ones who have seedbox or the others who dosent ) ? did u see a diffrent in ur download speed?

i just wondering why the other trackers just remove it like F*N or iTS what thier worse nightmare could be !!
    Last edited by supper; 02-22-2008 at 03:29 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    love it

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by supper View Post
    is no ratio system is great and successful experience
    yes it was and it is still successful..FTN have become more active then never before as some other sites that have similar system

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Mostly civil BT Rep: +3
    No ratio system is a beautiful thing especially when it comes to dlding large 10 gb+ packs and torrents with no leeches. Fear of destroying your ratio goes out of the window. Wish KG had such a system,downloading all those rare flicks with no leeches would be far less taxing on my ratio.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    it's a very good idea

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    The "no ratio system" works pretty well on small, consistent trackers, where the members care about the tracker and are proud of it.

It wouldn't work well I believe on vast pay2leech trackers, where the hit and running (or bandwidth capping) would probably be a serious issue if the ratio was removed.

Most people devote their bandwidth only to their beloved trackers and the ratio is the only incentive to seed on the rest.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    People cheat anyway. They are retarded.
    Now go away.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    There are too many trackers out there that rely on their members getting their ratio in a mess and having to pay for extra gigs. This is their lifeline....they are not going to do away with that.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    its like communism...good in theory

It barely works on sites that have it. It allows users to limit their upload bandwidth and just seed for 3 days and then be done seeding

Pro: helps users who actually do have sucky upload speed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast