Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can someone explain FTN's ratio system (or lackthereof) in full detail?

vinhkhang01's Avatar XP BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    With the ratio system like FTN and other site, it would encourage more people to use the site. I think it would do more good than harm esp. with some kinds of incentive bonus system in place.
    *** I Love Sharing & Helping Other People ***

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLF View Post
    Yup 36 hours, but in my world 36 hours is 1½ day
    Sorry, couldn't help it grimms, lol
    Lol. For some strange reason i was thinking 72 hours in my mind. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    vinhkhang01's Avatar XP BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    It used to be 72hrs before but have changed to 36hrs for a long while now.

Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLF View Post
    Yup 36 hours, but in my world 36 hours is 1½ day
    Sorry, couldn't help it grimms, lol
    Lol. For some strange reason i was thinking 72 hours in my mind. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    fOrUmAs's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75BT Rep +75
    Quote Originally Posted by usersec View Post
    no ratio system at first glance seems a great thing and it do makes it a little bit easier for those with slow(er) connections but in an overall it doesnt change a thing, you still have to seed a lot, and you cant have downloaded too much without uploaded also (if you cant seed, dont leech), because you will eventually end on someones shitlist or whatever its called, and it wont be good..

and they disabled invites 2 weeks ago or so and I dont think they will be back any time soon..
    u are wrong in overall u can download as much as u want as long u seed for 36 hours and there is no shity list or something like that...and 36 hours isnt much at all,many sites have rule for 72 hours so i think its not hard at all and u have freeleech for ever

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Sylar666's Avatar Kingpin BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Seriously, anyone with a ratio of just 2 is giving twice as much as he takes, so someone further down the line is obviously losing out and having to struggle to maintain a decent ratio. That's just the sheer maths & logic of it, now think about all those who boast about having massive e-penis's with huge ratios, all they are doing is stealing off the unfortunate few further down the line.
    It's something worth considering.
    I guess it's fair enough. Also correct me if I'm wrong but there are sites where strict rules are in effect against overseeding. I can't recall which, but SCT might well be one of them. It is really hard to compete with GB - seedboxes. It's like fighting a lion with bare hands.
    A malis vituperari laus est.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    I think iPlay is one of them doesn't like overseeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar666 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Seriously, anyone with a ratio of just 2 is giving twice as much as he takes, so someone further down the line is obviously losing out and having to struggle to maintain a decent ratio. That's just the sheer maths & logic of it, now think about all those who boast about having massive e-penis's with huge ratios, all they are doing is stealing off the unfortunate few further down the line.
    It's something worth considering.
    I guess it's fair enough. Also correct me if I'm wrong but there are sites where strict rules are in effect against overseeding. I can't recall which, but SCT might well be one of them. It is really hard to compete with GB - seedboxes. It's like fighting a lion with bare hands.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    BReal13's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    what exactly is overseeding ?:-/

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    FACE_TO_FACE's Avatar -- F*ck LEVELS -- BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Quote Originally Posted by BReal13 View Post
    what exactly is overseeding ?:-/
    example a file with 700mb and you seed it 1:50 = 35GB

This is overseeding

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Damn maybe i shouldn't overseed then? I don't use a seedbox though, just my shitty isp providers speed (Even though it's shitty, i'm still fortunate to have access through them to the internet).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    TBH here...if you arent in FTN, then there is really no need for you to be concerned with its interal affairs.

I think that goes for any site btw.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast