Benchez
    Rvt
    Kingrob

And something for sgt major he deserve

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by KFlint View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by grimms View Post
    KFlint (Great helpful mod, who usually sees out both sides on various issues here)
    i feel honored to have my name listed in your list but we can only have one title at the time and i will keep my mod hat
    I know... I was kinda thinking that, but was half sleeping when I posted. (How would he put two shoes on one left foot? or right? If you prefer that foot). I think being a mod suits you just fine.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    I like this idea... It rewards those who actively contribute to this place in a positive manner, be they torrent staff or just active members.

Some here know of a recent issue when someone was promoted to the CR rank who didn't deserve that rank, and the BT Guru actually rewards a member for their commitment to FST rather than simply being here.

If you look at the list of CRs (now demoted), less than half were active here, then if you look at the regular posters (excluding spam, bumps and trades/giveaways) more than half are helpful.

A good mix of BT staff and non staff would make a Guru rank a representive of the overall FST membership. The only provision being that they are active in a positive way, as RealitY said.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Please do not be so vain as to nominate yourself.
    Why not? Vanity has it's place at FST, and is a positive attribute (or so I keep telling myself, while looking in the mirror)...

Quote Originally Posted by OlegL
    You are one of the nicest and most mature people on this board; I would never ignore someone like you.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFoX View Post

A good mix of BT staff and non staff would make a Guru rank a representive of the overall FST membership. The only provision being that they are active in a positive way, as RealitY said.
    I agree. Both BT Staff and members, should be able to see both sides(Using constructive criticism), to each story, help members out whether their a trader or not. When i say help out? Meaning everyday general issues related to BT, like for example? Seedboxes, or how to properly upload a torrent, and some more complexed issues as well. For BT Staff? Giving members constructive advice on how they operate at their respective trackers, also share some positive advice on how to tread on the right path (Just be a good honest, user who cares about your account, sharing and community).

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5
    In Western usage, the meaning of guru has been extended to cover anyone who acquires followers, though not necessarily in an established school of philosophy or religion. In a further Western metaphorical extension, guru is used to refer to a person who has authority because of his or her perceived secular knowledge or skills. Guru's also use empathy in common life.
    in my opinion everyone (myself excluded) nominated in this thread so far deserves a special title. nevertheless i met only one real bittorrent guru on fst and that is TheFox.

i learned more from his posts here and on other places than from anyone else.

i'm also pretty sure that some of the nominees here would call him a mentor and a teacher for themselves.

he's done a hell of a job supporting and conducting the bittorrent scene over the past years.

always friendly, always willing to share his expert knowledge.

all others mentioned here are real bittorrent heroes - TheFox is the only guru for me.

p.s. i sometimes strongly disagree when he makes political statments though
    Last edited by Polarbear; 02-22-2008 at 08:01 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Only Stoi.
    Live long and prosper.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well i wouldnt say only me, there are a lot more members here that are more deserving of this title than me.

ok ive been a member since 2002, but dont let that fool you, i left before they even had a Bittorrent section, and then they changed their name, so i didnt even know i was a member of here till i tried to register with my name and it was already taken.

Ive only really been active here for the past 6-8 months, and just because im a tracker owner, does not mean I deserve to be singled out for any special treatment, which is why i like the fact, anyone can have this rank, not just tracker staff.

but thanks to everyone for their nominations

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Stoi who would you nominate?

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    kaffeine's Avatar No queda el tiempo
    IMO, the following deserve to be nominated, both for being active here and helpful:

TheFoX
    DV8Type
    DkRe8ive1
    rvt
    stoi
    Brandon
    ITS
    Vidde
    Kingrob

Edit: I see many nominating members.. I thought this rank would be for staffers only, but if members can be nominated, I'd say:
    znik
    sear
    Polarbear

Last edited by kaffeine; 02-22-2008 at 08:33 PM.
    This is just like that drug trip I saw in that movie while I was on that drug trip.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    I also agree with thefox's post, if this were a rank that denotes those members both staff and regular members it would be a more representative cross section of the BT community.
    In both the case of staff and members they should be members that stand out for their commitment to this site, and willingness to help others, so to those nominating think carefully of the contribution of the member.
    This suggestion too, would show the commitment to this forum, and denote those members who are helpful for new users.
    My list:
    Staff
    TheFox
    Brandon
    rvt
    DV8Type
    Stoi
    Vidde

Members
    Sgt Major
    Benchez
    Znik