Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: BT Guru

Is there truly a difference between removing bad community reps and leaving the good ones in place and abolishing the title in addition with the rules that came with it coming up with some completely different name then adding people back to the list. It just seems like a lot of wasted time effort and drama over nothing.
    Last edited by briand5379; 02-22-2008 at 10:32 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #62
    BANNED BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    For Starters:

DV8Type
    DkRe8ive1
    TheFox
    RvT
    Stoi
    Vidde
    Kingrob
    Seppypom

For either their knowledge they bring to the BT world, not just what they produce here but elsewhere too, and they mostly share that with us and not just keep it to themselves, or their ability in to go out of their way to help members here, and not just members of their site who happen to be members here but other members too.

This list is by no means exhaustive, and I may add to it as this thread evolves.
    He's right about this one

3. BitTorrent   -   #63
    Sexeh BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Quote Originally Posted by briand5379 View Post
    Is there truly a difference between removing bad community reps and leaving the good ones in place and abolishing the title in addition with the rules that came with it coming up with some completely different name then adding people back to the list. It just seems like a lot of wasted time effort and drama over nothing.

I'm so glad at least one person understands.
    Do not pm me for invites. At the moment I will not be participating here in that regard. I will ignore your pm.

4. BitTorrent   -   #64
    krunktastic's Avatar Krunk User+ BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post

I'm so glad at least one person understands.
    There's two sides to this, obviously. The mods want to retain quality members with a significance to their title to denote importance and give them a sort of "higher plane", while others believe the whole system shouldn't be redone as this would be entirely unnecessary and meaningless.

I do agree that there are a slew of useless community reps. However, community rep status isn't what distinguished these members; their knowledge and insight about technology and primarily trackers helped guide new members in the right direction. There were several community reps who didn't give a damn about other members and were exploiting their status for personal gain.

But you have to understand that there are some of us who really believe in contributing quality posts. Some of us have no need to advance up the "tracker level ladder". You have the 80-or-so-odd percentage of people who are here to trade or give away invites, but some of us are here to help. Some members truly communicate with other members without scathing comments or trying to usurp another member's position.

I can see where Brandon is coming from, and I partially agree. For the mods to do this would be unnecessary and is an insult to the people who had their status revoked (excluding myself) in favor of the new, more "elite status".

I do agree in the concept of distinguishing quality posters. Certain members need to be recognized for their contributions. I hope the mods understand where the members are coming from and attempt to construct an idea that pleases (at least most) everyone.

5. BitTorrent   -   #65
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I have to agree with you on most points(I didn't completely see it that way). Whether the community reps stayed as is or now apparently the switch. This is obviously an issue shrouded in a "Grey Area" Like Reality mentioned, not everyone will be happy with the new decision(Some will , some won't).

If I was on Brandons status or "Level" I can see his point as well. He's been here for awhile, like alot of the other good community reps, and feel as though the community rep system had no reason to be hindered due to some bad community rep apples. I guess both issues at hand are not right or wrong, but in the end.

The Fst staff make the final decisions (Even if we don't all like or agree on them). I think in the end? this will work for the better good(Lets have high hopes people). We just all have to give it time and wait it out (I think this could really take off, in the right direction). Brandon, Krunktasic, or anybody else feel free to chime in, and correct or clarify some more, regarding this issue.
    Last edited by grimms; 02-22-2008 at 11:53 PM.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

6. BitTorrent   -   #66
    pro267's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I would really like to see these guys get the recognition they deserve for contributing to FST and the BT community:

Staffers:
    TheFox
    RvT
    DV8Type
    DkRe8ive1
    Stoi
    Brandon
    Seppypom
    Vidde

Members:
    Benchez
    Sear
    SgtMajor
    PolarBear
    Znik

I'm sure I forgot a few but at my current semi-drunken state those are the ones that popped into my head.

Edit: post #666..
    Last edited by pro267; 02-23-2008 at 12:16 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #67
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    I am not a member at F*N but I do frequent these forums very often. I can definetely see where Brandon is coming from, every post I have seen of his has always been in the spirit of helping. Not once have I seen him try and take advantage of his status here. If i remember correctly I think he even did a giveaway which encourage peopled to be creative and thoughtful. I can also say the same for the Fsc community reps.

I just dont think that a few bad apples should have ruined it for the the truly good ones. That's the same mentality that causes huge problems in this world. Either way a decision was made and we now have no choice but to live with it.

I have never talked to or met brandon but from what i can tell he is pretty upset about this. I honestly think that the mods here should swollow their pride and atleast try to see it from his shoes. It would be a shame to lose such a valuable CR and community member here.

Let me put it this way, If all the CR's had the same presence here as Brandon and the Fsc guys we never would have had a problem to begin with right? So why did we take away their status just to get to a couple of bad apples?

Jon

8. BitTorrent   -   #68
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    That would make TOO much sense.....

9. BitTorrent   -   #69
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Whats done is done, write or wrong its done and dusted, we cant turn back the clock now.

I was only a CR for a few days, so this change doesnt bother me at all, but i can see that if you were a CR (and a bloody good one) for awhile, it could be seen as a kick in the teeth.

all i can say is, lets see what the future holds.

10. BitTorrent   -   #70
    Grind$oFine's Avatar get n3rd3d BT Rep: +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60BT Rep +60
    I think the most obvious people worthy have been stated.
    The main ones, IMO being Stoi, DV8Type, DkRe8ive1, and TheFox.

I'd like to add elektROnik (I think there has been another mention) and Fiamma.
    In my experience, although they don't have a lot of posts here, they've been really helpful, and they're certainly active enough on their own sites.

But I suppose it depends on how loosely "active at FST" is defined.

Anyway, props to trying to make something work, I was sad to see CR go with all the problems it had. Good luck with the new system.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast