Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm getting tired from this

BANNED BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelabel View Post
    so how do you expect from new to guys get invites?
    from giveaways too this is how the most of us started u need to make a better rules in ur giveaways guaranty to u u wont invite cheater or inactive user
    Last edited by supper; 02-22-2008 at 04:31 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelabel View Post
    so how do you expect from new to guys get invites?
    I think people who give away should request more than just some screenshots, (for example a lastfm profile for music sites..) and they should be interviewed in irc or msn..
    Of course we're all lazy and nobody is gonna do this..
    The best way is just to invite RL friends who can be trusted.

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    thats why I ask for profile links
    but you know how it is
    people might have some 20+ trackers in very shit condition (inactive/bad ratio) and 2 with good condition
    what you think they will put as proofs?? only the 2 trackers with good condition
    so you can never know

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Deathless's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    hm......i also invited some members like this...most of them don't need it...just want to see how it's the site....but maybe you help a good member, maybe you don't...always will exists members like this. is ur chooice if you want to continue or stop! Cheers!

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    Well, here's my suggestion. If you're giving away an invite to a specialized site, ask the prospect invitee to show proof that he is a member of a similar site and is very active in it.

E.g. For bitme invites, ask for proof/profile link to similar e-learning site like docs.torrents or learnbits; for hdbits invites, ask for hd-bits.ro, scenehd or bit-hdtv. If they have significant downloads in those sites (not uploads since it means they don't really "want" stuffs there but grab one or two file(s) there and seed like hell just to boast their e-penis), they will most likely (but not a guarantee) make good use of the invite.

I think it's senseless if you're inviting someone to bitme and they show their fantastic ratio to a music or movie site. The proof only shows that he is into music/movie but not necessarily into e-learning stuffs. This also applies with respect to HDs since most people find them too large. The prospect invitee should show proof that they are active in a similar HD tracker.

Asking for reason why they "need" an invite to a site is a good way to gauge their sincerity and knowledge about the site they allegedly "need". Imho, ratio proof and speedtest are not good tests whether the user will be active (only good to show he knows how to maintain ratio). In fact, choosing someone on the basis of speedtest alone, as some are in the practice of doing, is lame. High speed is not equal to good seeder, much less active user.
    Last edited by GoldStoNe; 02-22-2008 at 04:44 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldStoNe View Post
    Well, here's my suggestion. If you're giving away an invite to a specialized site, ask the prospect invitee to show proof that he is a member of a similar site and is very active in it.

E.g. For bitme invites, ask for proof/profile link to similar e-learning site like docs.torrents or learnbits; for hdbits invites, ask for hd-bits.ro, scenehd or bit-hdtv.
    That makes no sense..why would he need another tracker that specifies in a thing he already has a tracker for?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    BlueLabel's Avatar everybody jump BT Rep: +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65BT Rep +65
    Asking for reason why they "need" an invite to a site is a good way to gauge their sincerity and knowledge about the site they allegedly "need".
    do you realy think that people will see that question and answer "I want it because I'm collector"??
    its obvious that people will make up a story
    even people that giveaway and write in their rules "no scammers"
    thats something I'm never understand
    well... what they expect?? that someone enter the thread and write "ohh I scammer so I wont ask for invite but thx anyway"?
    Imho, ratio proof and speedtest are not good tests whether the user will be active (only good to show he knows how to maintain ratio). In fact, choosing someone on the basis of speedtest alone, as some are in the practice of doing, is lame. High speed is not equal to good seeder, much less active user.
    dont you think people/me ask for speedtest in giveaway???
    Last edited by BlueLabel; 02-22-2008 at 05:20 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by myllian View Post

That makes no sense..why would he need another tracker that specifies in a thing he already has a tracker for?

Because some specialized trackers have more to offer than others?

While I feel Blue's pain, I also don't think the situation is as dire as people put it out to be. There ARE ways to ensure that you invite the right people. A poster above me mentioned requiring people to state why they really need/want a tracker, and from that request you can often tell if they are sincere and if they know what they are talking about.

My point? Back when OiNK was in service, I invited around seven people, all of whom maintained a ratio of 3+. All you have to do is put a little more time and effort into finding the right people.

And if I take the noobie's side, how on earth am I going to get into a tracker if no one offers them? Then again, there are ways around that too. In fact, I never really got any of my "good" trackers through giveaways. Rather, I got them by asking members here on FST whom I thought were nice people. Being nice can go a long way.

Saying that reminds me of something. And this goes out to all the noobs and the idiots. If you want something, make a well thought out plea for it. Don't do what Blue quoted in his post...asking via one lined sentences that show NOTHING but that you are lazy and don't really care about the tracker you are applying for.

And to all you torrenters who do giveaways, please don't give invites to these people, no matter how good their ratios or speed tests are. Make them work a little to show their true intent.
    Kindness goes a long way!

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    And to all you torrenters who do giveaways, please don't give invites to these people, no matter how good their ratios or speed tests are. Make them work a little to show their true intent.
    Exactly. That's actually the only thing we can do about it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorBubbz View Post
    Most people that post in giveaways without really wanting it are probably collectors.
    Way to go Mr. Obvious!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast