Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm getting tired from this

GoldStoNe's Avatar Elite Member BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by myllian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldStoNe View Post
    Well, here's my suggestion. If you're giving away an invite to a specialized site, ask the prospect invitee to show proof that he is a member of a similar site and is very active in it.

E.g. For bitme invites, ask for proof/profile link to similar e-learning site like docs.torrents or learnbits; for hdbits invites, ask for hd-bits.ro, scenehd or bit-hdtv.
    That makes no sense..why would he need another tracker that specifies in a thing he already has a tracker for?
    I beg to disagree. Let me put some sense to it. Each tracker offers different content. To illustrate, let's take HD for instance, a lot of people wants to get into hdbits.org. To show that they are really into downloading hd stuffs, they must show proof that they are members of similar hd trackers, like hd-bits.ro or scenehd.org. Why would they want to get into hdbits.org if "they already have other trackers that specifies in the same thing" you may ask? It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. More contents. hdbits has 10x more torrents than hd-bits.ro. The invitee has to work his way up. We all started with low-level trackers and work our way up to better ones. A person with bitsoup would someday like to get into TL. You can't say hey, since you already have a similar tracker, there's no sense for you to join TL. My point exactly..

Quote Originally Posted by bluelabel View Post
    do you realy think that people will see that question and answer "I want it because I'm collector"??
    its obvious that people will make up a story
    even people that giveaway and write in their rules "no scammers"
    thats something I'm never understand
    well... what they expect?? that someone enter the thread and write "ohh I scammer so I wont ask for invite but thx anyway"?
    You are right. I never said it's going to be fool proof. At least, you can know how much he knows about the site, what he is looking for and if that site has what he is looking for.

Imho, ratio proof and speedtest are not good tests whether the user will be active (only good to show he knows how to maintain ratio). In fact, choosing someone on the basis of speedtest alone, as some are in the practice of doing, is lame. High speed is not equal to good seeder, much less active user.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluelabel View Post
    dont you think people/me ask for speedtest in giveaway???
    Hmm.. you might have misread my post. I never mentioned about you. And yes, I see people only asking for speedtest in a giveaway. No ratio proof. I'm referring to them. If I have time, I'll show you a link [but I'm going to sleep in a while].
    Last edited by GoldStoNe; 02-22-2008 at 05:40 PM. Reason: typo erros

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Quote Originally Posted by myllian View Post

That makes no sense..why would he need another tracker that specifies in a thing he already has a tracker for?
    I beg to disagree. Let me put some sense to it. Each tracker offers different content. To illustrate, let's take HD for instance, a lot of people wants to get into hdbits.org. To show that they are really into downloading hd stuffs, they must show proof that they are members of similar hd trackers, like hd-bits.ro or scenehd.org. Why would they want to get into hdbits.org if "they already have other trackers that specifies in the same thing" you may ask? It doesn't take a genius to figure it out. More contents. hdbits has 10x more torrents than hd-bits.ro. The invitee has to work his way up. We all started with low-level trackers and work our way up to better ones. A person with bitsoup would someday like to get into TL. You can't say hey, since you already have a similar tracker, there's no sense for you to join TL. My point exactly..
    ok I think I got it now

The problem is, if you're not a member on a site, how can you know if it has the content you're looking for. More content doesn't always mean it's relevant to you.
    I think a lot of "requesters" have good intentions, they are just curious.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Yea i think that more people should fill requests. Sometimes I think people do giveaways for attention. Look at it this way, If you fill a request no one knows it and you dont get any credit. But if someone is requesting something they are more likely to actually use it. If you do giveaways everyone see's and you look like a "good guy". But chances are the person you are giving the invites to are probably just collectors.

I think to make this place better we should really start considering requests, especially if the person requesting is a good, up[standing, active member here. Maybe u wont get as noticed, but who cares, we should be here to help people not advertyise our kindness if u can really call it that.

Here's to saying we should defientely give privately to people who really deserve it, not publicly to get good attention for ourselves.

Just my two cents, let me know what u guys th ink

Jon

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    BANNED BT Rep: +1
    Giveaways are the same if not worse than trading.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    @jonny
    I couldn't agree more.
    But there again, you have to evaluate.
    Here's an example of a request https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...est-tt--276606.
    It's honest, and after reading his post history you can see he's really interested in that kind of music. If I had an invite I would send it to him right away.
    This request though:
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bit...ayroreq-279821
    NO!

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny81985 View Post
    Yea i think that more people should fill requests. Sometimes I think people do giveaways for attention. Look at it this way, If you fill a request no one knows it and you dont get any credit. But if someone is requesting something they are more likely to actually use it. If you do giveaways everyone see's and you look like a "good guy". But chances are the person you are giving the invites to are probably just collectors.

I think to make this place better we should really start considering requests, especially if the person requesting is a good, up[standing, active member here. Maybe u wont get as noticed, but who cares, we should be here to help people not advertyise our kindness if u can really call it that.

Here's to saying we should defientely give privately to people who really deserve it, not publicly to get good attention for ourselves.

Just my two cents, let me know what u guys th ink

Jon
    fo shizzle my jon nizzle

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Well said jonny, well said.
    Kindness goes a long way!

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    this is why i dont accept invites, i just wouldnt use the account so it would not be fair on the invitee, and i would be taking up 1 slot that a good member would use.

as for giveaways/trading/newbs/blah blah blah here is how i see it.

your a newb, you start on an open tracker, Bitsoup or somewhere, you make a good impression, someone sees you, they give you an invite to another tracker whats a bit harder to get into.

make a good impression there, the inviter will think, hmm prety good member, and invite you to another higher level (grr hate that word but you know what i mean) tracker.

the same goes for the inviter, if they make a good impression, and it looks to the inviter of him that he is inviting good members, then they will invite the inviter to a higher tracker.

its all a knock on effect, you scratch my back and i will scratch yours.

obviously though, if everyone done this, FST Bittorrent section would go out of business lol but i do think the above is the way it "should" be done in an "ideal world".

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    stoi, I've tried just that at BitSoup and nobody has invited me anywhere since I joined like 4 months ago. That may be partly due to the fact that they don't allow you to even mention another site on there...

I think its easy to suggest, but much different in reality for us noobs who don't have a friend to invite us to some cool trackers. I think friends + trading is where a lot of invites go rather than being given away to some random person like myself.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well maybe you have not made a good enough impression lol

i think the main problem is, members tend to forget their roots, they forget where they had to start from, so as soon as they get a lvl 4-5 or more, they never ever go back to places like bitsoup to keep the ball rolling, which in turn tends to have another knock on effect for members like you, who are trying to "get up the ladder" for want of a better term.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast