Thread: Good Question, Irc, A P2p?...can The Iraa...

well i dont think they can because its not p2p AND since its on a chat network, you could be talking to a friend and your friend wants to send you a file so if your a reciving a file from that friend the iraa will do sumthin to you?

ps- i doubt your friend would do that so u use irc for p2p sort of and u can get a copy of a cd or the files on the cd from ur friend unless theyre far away...

well heres wat they fu*k theyre doin to my life

the iraa is scarin the shit out of me because i read the ''Is It true" post and they said theyre goin for middle schoolers like me so this sux and they gave me nightmare that the iraa, fbi, swat ect were after me in a mall(y im there i do not know) on the roofs and shit and then at my house on my roof and trees and i was usin my bb gun to protect myself cuz they had ak 47, rpgs, double barrel shoutguns(yea, i prob was watchin too many war movies or watever)but they had bullet proof vests(damn ) so i got busted but then i made a deal and i ratted out all the kids i hate and i know use p2p and i got to go plus since i busted a few hundred ppl i had a 72 hour shopping spree to best buy, toys'r'us and other major retaliers...i just decided for my shopping spree, i own the company store so cha ching!!!$$$$....man, life is good, too bad it aint real...

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    If it's just you and a friend there's no way the RIAA could even know. However, if you're running an FServe, it's usually fairly obvious that you're sharing.

And...uh...wtf?

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    but if ur using sumthin like ircspy and downloading, they cant know right?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    IRC networks/channels are private and most of the ones I've been to even forbid certain people/groups. This makes it illegal for certain people/groups to use any evidence collected.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by harrycary@2 August 2003 - 16:20
    IRC networks/channels are private and most of the ones I've been to even forbid certain people/groups. This makes it illegal for certain people/groups to use any evidence collected.
    If you are talking about the "bill Clinton act of 1995" it's complete bull shit.

It's just put their to give satisfaction to n00bs.

The government has and will stop IRC users.
    There is no such thing as private channels. If a normal user can enter, government agent can enter.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    The thing is :

The government will rather stop Xdcc servers then individual people.

If you have a server you are giving millions of people illegal files.

If you are downloading, you are only downloading a few files.

So they will rather cut the whole chain rather then attach each person.

Most Xdcc server's are hacked offices.

Anybody running a server on their personal connection WILL get caught.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by stonecold1203+2 August 2003 - 17:28--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stonecold1203 &#064; 2 August 2003 - 17:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-harrycary@2 August 2003 - 16:20
    IRC networks/channels are private and most of the ones I&#39;ve been to even forbid certain people/groups. This makes it illegal for certain people/groups to use any evidence collected.
    If you are talking about the "bill Clinton act of 1995" it&#39;s complete bull shit.

It&#39;s just put their to give satisfaction to n00bs.

The government has and will stop IRC users.
    There is no such thing as private channels. If a normal user can enter, government agent can enter. [/b][/quote]
    A channel can be private if you literally only have a few people allowed to join it (by using keys or whatnot). But yea, I&#39;m pretty sure that Bill Clinton thing is BS.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    some of the anti p2p groups claim they monitor irc etc

summary guide of the anti file sharing groups: http://mercuria.no-ip.org/pg/index.php?showtopic=114