Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Is there a SCC of the NZB sites?

  1. #1
    Hey,

    I'm new to usenet but not new to private trackers. I'm a member of a bunch and SCC seems to have the best pre-times. I was wondering if there is a NZB site with good pretimes (for TV) as well? I know you can download directly from the newsgroups but thats a pain in the ass in GrabIt because you have to select each file. And I rather use alt.binz and NZBPlayer anyway. Thanks.

    - Tom

  2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    I think you'll find this very site is pretty much spot on mate.

    With WHiCKWiRE and towerblocks on the case I rarely have to worry about flicking about anywhere else for new stuff to be quite honest.

  3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    singing_sol's Avatar ftn lover!!! BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,096
    u'll know soon man just wait for one more month for activation

  4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by singing_sol View Post
    u'll know soon man just wait for one more month for activation
    I have no idea what you mean.

  5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    kyuuchi's Avatar <O.O> BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by coollettuce View Post
    Hey,

    I'm new to usenet but not new to private trackers. I'm a member of a bunch and SCC seems to have the best pre-times. I was wondering if there is a NZB site with good pretimes (for TV) as well? I know you can download directly from the newsgroups but thats a pain in the ass in GrabIt because you have to select each file. And I rather use alt.binz and NZBPlayer anyway. Thanks.

    - Tom
    FST NZB index is really good. If a file is posted on newsgroup, then you can expect it to be here very soon, and its fairy fast. I've posted few nzb myself, and its not easy beating others at posting nzb on this board.

    Also I think singing_sol is referring to BT Invite section of the board. But of course, you don't want any torrent sites.

  6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    64
    I prefer using RAW search in newzbins, even if it is not the fastest updating index site.

    You'll never get the same pretimes as you do with really good torrent sites anyway.

    The reason is how both systems work:

    Bittorrent: Scene-Site -> Seedbox -> Build Torrent-File (doesn't take long) -> Upload Torrent-File to Tracker (only takes seconds) -> Done

    Usenet: Scene-Site -> Seedbox -> Upload Release to Usenet (can take some time for large files) -> Wait for Update of Index Site (most times this takes several minutes) -> Done

  7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by newswalker View Post
    Usenet: Scene-Site -> Seedbox -> Upload Release to Usenet (can take some time for large files) -> Wait for Update of Index Site (most times this takes several minutes) -> Done
    Takes some time? Nah seedbox speeds to usenet are 100 Meg. Maybe about 5 mins to propergate across all servers.
    Life in the fast lane usenet freak

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •