Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats going on here in the BT section

KoNaI's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    I ordered it today. Eh, I'm stoned and I saw I could share it with my friend (who is a noob and needs something easy like torrentflux.

I immediately wrote an email asking for them to cancel, but it should be up soon, so IDK if they will give me a hard time or not.
    wow , that suck i hope they wont give you, hard time canceling.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

Unfortunately you did :-( Vectoral has a box that is dedicated for the same price and has 3000TB.

Yeah and I had signed up for another one that was 650GB for $45

I just want something easy and torrent friendly but I really thought the hosting ie was expensive and I don't know how to install a client on it or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Is it really unusual to include FTP transfers on a cheap torrent VPS? I hope I didn't just get ripped off I got economy 2 to split with a friend: http://www.jmhservices.com/seed.htm
    it is 2000GB a mo on a 90gb HD with what must be a shared 100 line for $90USD a mo
    It says elsewhere, under "Legal" for some reason, that they add up your FTP use every week...
    No, it's standard practice, data is data, both up & down is counted and whatever method you use is counted, FTP, HTTP, torrents.
    Jeez I'm confused now. You guys all seem to know what you're saying. :/
    Well for a vps you get a Ip, a user id, and a password.

From your home computer, you use remote desktop, you enter the ip as the server, your user id and password and connect.

This brings up a windows desktop, identical to the one you have at home.

you just do things like you were if you were at home, install utorrent, start downloading torrents.

it is really that simple.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

Unfortunately you did :-( Vectoral has a box that is dedicated for the same price and has 3000TB.

I just want something easy and torrent friendly but I really thought the hosting ie was expensive and I don't know how to install a client on it or anything.
    You might not know, but others round here certainly know, and you know what, we don't bite

I've had Hosting.ie for nearly 12 months now, would not be without it, but I am going to cut my teeth on a Linux box shortly and just like you will be blind, but I have no problems in asking for guidance for the members here
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I only had a Debian seedbox for a day or two and that was tricky. Im just confused about what to do about this server I just signed up for and ordered canceled. I just don't know about the FTP charges and bandwith and rate etc.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25

You might not know, but others round here certainly know, and you know what, we don't bite
    Well unless you want to be bitten ;-)
    bow chica bow wow..

But in seriousness, Sgt is right, we are here to help. Thats why I created this thread because I was worried someone would jump in on that and think it is a good deal...and it is anything but that.

Torrentflux sites make sooo much money because they take advantage of the fact that you dont know what you are doing.

But thanks to forums, you can learn. I have in my sig, posted the "how to " guide to secure downloads from a seedbox to home, and it has complete picture guide and it is posted on nearly every torrent site I could think of that has seedbox users.

I am always here to pm if you need help with a seedbox or questions.

here is a faq for seedboxes...although it only covers dedicated servers.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...seedbox-152272

ignore the axx part...this is outdated.
    Last edited by fatcat69; 02-22-2008 at 09:02 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny81985 View Post
    Go with hosting-ie, i pay 35 euros a month for unlimited bandwidth and the speeds are great
    whats your ul speed jonny81985?

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Thanks, I've learned a lot about seedboxes here, but I think I've just had too many options thrown at me. They refunded my money...so who should I sign up with?

So is it possible to share an account on hosting-ie with my buddy? Or vectoral? Those are the two most often recommended. I just need as much BW as possible for under $50 or $100 for 2 of us...

Then again, my friend is really a noob so I don't know what he can handle, plus he's crazy so I don't know if he'll go for hosting ie's three month minimum... Ehhh sorry.

I really like the hosting ie raptor series...would 2 ip addresses imply that both of us could use it to run torrents?
    Last edited by dunson; 02-22-2008 at 09:15 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    The thread was removed as it shouldnt have been done that way. Its now where other adverts have been before. Its also noted as such. For those that want to debate the value of it they are more than welcome to...

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Thanks, I've learned a lot about seedboxes here, but I think I've just had too many options thrown at me. They refunded my money...so who should I sign up with?

So is it possible to share an account on hosting-ie with my buddy? Or vectoral? Those are the two most often recommended. I just need as much BW as possible for under $50 or $100 for 2 of us...

Then again, my friend is really a noob so I don't know what he can handle, plus he's crazy so I don't know if he'll go for hosting ie's three month minimum... Ehhh sorry.

I really like the hosting ie raptor series...would 2 ip addresses imply that both of us could use it to run torrents?
    Yes, he can log in and manage his own torrents, you as the admin need to set up certain things, like adding him as a user and granting RDC privs to that user profile.

Things to note:

Never log in at the same time
    Never download at the same time

And for $100 you would be better off getting a dedic box, have a look at the 581, great for 3 months of torrenting between 2 people.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20

Yes, he can log in and manage his own torrents, you as the admin need to set up certain things, like adding him as a user and granting RDC privs to that user profile.

Things to note:

Never log in at the same time
    Never download at the same time

And for $100 you would be better off getting a dedic box, have a look at the 581, great for 3 months of torrenting between 2 people.
    Thanks a lot, you're a great help!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast