Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whats going on here in the BT section

fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Ok no offense but I think one of our staffers is trying to hook up a buddy or is trying to make some money off noobs here in the BT section with this seedbox advertisement.

I know its your site and well good for you, however can we atleast have some morals when it comes to this?!

I posted in the sticky that it was wrong to have it here...now I see that that has been deleted (before most other members could read it) but theres a now an advertisement for it at the top of the page...

And I will bet money that someone will delete this thread as well, however I will just keep making it until someone announces to the public here and explains themselves. (spam is what I do best, and if ya ban me, face it its your loss not mine because you will just make me a martyr and thus proving my point even more)

According to the rules of the forum:

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/boardrules/

Rule 4 - Advertising/Soliciting Advertising or soliciting a product or site for the purpose of commercial gain without the consent of the administrators is prohibited. Any such postings may be deleted for any reason. This includes any sigs and or titles advertising similar sites. Posting links to auctions or sales is also not allowed. Soliciting invites in any form including through PM messages is also prohibited. Those soliciting may have their account locked or Banned from the site.

So if this is happening, obviously it is with consent of one of the administrators. The guy has it in his sig as well which also violates the rules of the forum.

Dont make rules if you allow certain users to break em. Then there is no point to the rule.

I dont understand why you are allowing this and trying to slip it under everyone's noses. More...informed users will see that and laugh hysterically at the prices for a VPS server also. My question is when did this forum all the sudden start advertising of seedboxes?

The average user will see those and not realize what a rip off it is, so judging from that aspect it looks like someone is trying to make a little profit on the newbies.

Just my opinion, just thought Id throw it out there for a few people to see and realize.

To those who see that advertisement...its the biggest con job. You can get a vps for under $30 with unlimited bandwidth and a larger hard drive from numerous other places then for $60...with guess what guys, free downloads to home.

Show me one dedicated or VPS that requires you to pay for downloading stuff off of it and Ill throw in the towel right now.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    jonny81985's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Yea, I saw that advertisment too, Not only was teh deal a rip off, 60 dollars for 1 Tb i think? but it was actually stickied. What is the deal with that? Either way guys, especially some of the new guys around here, dont fall for rip offs like that. If you are looking for a seedbox ask an experienced member around here and they will help you find a good one that best suits your needs.

Either way I agree with fatcat, if some people are allowed to break the rules that really isnt fair and should be dealt with. Alls i know that as soon as the thread started getting negative reaction it was like poof, magically gone. So any sort of explantion would be nice

Jon

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Quote Originally Posted by WowZrBowser View Post
    They acctually had ads for a similair company several months ago.
    Forget the name of it to be honest. either case they had a better deal in cost at least.

You can tell they are allowing it due to the fact it was made a sticky and then moved to its own section.
    I however dont think they are making any money or commission so to say off the adds. Maybe they made some other type of deal with the person.
    As far as ive been told they dont make any money off their ads for newsgroup sites you see banners for ect..
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/adser...hoosead&step=3

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    BANNED BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Is it really unusual to include FTP transfers on a cheap torrent VPS? I hope I didn't just get ripped off I got economy 2 to split with a friend: http://www.jmhservices.com/seed.htm
    it is 2000GB a mo on a 90gb HD with what must be a shared 100 line for $90USD a mo
    It says elsewhere, under "Legal" for some reason, that they add up your FTP use every week...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by dunson View Post
    Is it really unusual to include FTP transfers on a cheap torrent VPS? I hope I didn't just get ripped off I got economy 2 to split with a friend: http://www.jmhservices.com/seed.htm
    it is 2000GB a mo on a 90gb HD with what must be a shared 100 line for $90USD a mo
    It says elsewhere, under "Legal" for some reason, that they add up your FTP use every week...
    Seems like a little much, are you under contract with them?

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Unfortunately you did :-( Vectoral has a box that is dedicated for the same price and has 3000TB.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    No, it's standard practice, data is data, both up & down is counted and whatever method you use is counted, FTP, HTTP, torrents.
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I ordered it today. Eh, I'm stoned and I saw I could share it with my friend (who is a noob and needs something easy like torrentflux.

I immediately wrote an email asking for them to cancel, but it should be up soon, so IDK if they will give me a hard time or not.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Go with hosting-ie, i pay 35 euros a month for unlimited bandwidth and the speeds are great

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    Unfortunately you did :-( Vectoral has a box that is dedicated for the same price and has 3000TB.

Yeah and I had signed up for another one that was 650GB for $45

I just want something easy and torrent friendly but I really thought the hosting ie was expensive and I don't know how to install a client on it or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    No, it's standard practice, data is data, both up & down is counted and whatever method you use is counted, FTP, HTTP, torrents.
    Jeez I'm confused now. You guys all seem to know what you're saying. :/
    Last edited by dunson; 02-22-2008 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast