Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Eduardo's Leg

Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Anyone got phoaties.

Wenger fury after Eduardo injury

Martin Taylor (out of shot) is sent off as Eduardo receives treatment

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said Martin Taylor should "never play football again" after the Birmingham captain's tackle broke Eduardo's leg.
    Eduardo went down in the third minute of the Premier League encounter and Taylor was shown a straight red card.
    "The tackle was horrendous and this guy should never play football again," Wenger told BBC Sport.
    But Blues boss Alex McLeish responded: "Martin's not a dirty player. He's distraught because of the injury."

Interview: Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger
    Interview: Birmingham boss Alex McLeish
    Eduardo, 24, remained lying on the pitch for seven minutes as medical staff attended to him before he was stretchered off and taken to Selly Oak Hospital.
    In slow motion these tackles look bad but he's not a malicious player - Eduardo was just too quick for him

McLeish on Taylor

Wenger hit out at the way he feels his team have been targeted by opponents.
    "It goes with the idea that to stop Arsenal you have to kick Arsenal and that kind of thing was waiting to happen," he said.
    "Many people have got away with too many bad tackles. We've escaped a few times but it's just not acceptable. If that is football it's better to stop it.
    "The worst thing you hear after is that he's not the kind of guy who usually does that but you need to only kill one person one time - it's enough."
    McLeish, however, sprang to the defence of his player.
    "I've seen the challenge and, yes, the studs land on Eduardo's ankle. In slow motion these tackles always look bad but he's not a malicious player - Eduardo was just too quick for him," he explained.
    "The referee's done his job, it's a sending-off but Taylor's not a malicious player."
    The minimum is his season is over and we are scared that it is much longer

Wenger on Eduardo

The seriousness of the injury was apparent as both sets of players and medical staff looked shocked while Eduardo was treated on the pitch.
    The Brazilian-born striker now looks certain to miss out on Croatia's participation at Euro 2008 in June.
    "It was a massive shock for the team. They've seen what kind of state he was in," Wenger added.
    "He's a fantastic guy and to see him in such pain and the shape of his leg was very difficult for the players.
    "We hope he comes back quickly but the minimum is his season is over and we are scared that it is much longer."
    Now go away.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Now go away.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    thebazzla's Avatar 'The Steelmen' BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    it was a shocker alright

4. Lounge   -   #4
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Why should taylor not play football again

5. Lounge   -   #5
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    fuckin` taylor

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Looked like an accident to me.
    Wenger is just a moaning pervert.
    Now go away.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    me thinks he is just annoyed because they dropped points and the pressure is on

8. Lounge   -   #8
    That too, but I think he would have moaned anyway.
    One day hopefully he will realise.
    Shit happens when you party naked.
    Now go away.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    i don't think i have ever seen him smile and if one of his players had done it would he be saying the same thing

10. Lounge   -   #10
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Gallas was quite bad last week with nani

Didn't wenger mention that one
    Last edited by enoughfakefiles; 02-23-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast