Thread: region 3 to 0 conversion?

hi im gettin into downloading movies from usenet. some are in region 3 is there a program i can get hold of that will convert it to either 0 or 2 so i can play them on my dvd player?

thanks

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by PhonetiX View Post
    hi im gettin into downloading movies from usenet. some are in region 3 is there a program i can get hold of that will convert it to either 0 or 2 so i can play them on my dvd player?

thanks

The best thing to do would be to make your dvd player region free. What dvd player do you have?

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    toshiba but im not sure what model it is

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    toshiba but im not sure what model it is
    It doesn't say it on the front?

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    if it is an .ISO file, load it up in a virtual drive (google MagicISO) then burn it with DVDDecrypter or ImgBurn (google it!) goodluck!

6. Newsgroups   -   #6

Cool

thanks
    If your are downloading it and it says R3, that means that the dvd source was region 3 but the rip is already region free... most likely

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    Even if it's "Region Free" sometimes it won't work on some DVD Players even though it will play on most computer DVD Drives. The best option would be to find a hack for your DVD Player like Eyeballer mentioned. As far as I know, there is no way to really make a DVD-ISO a specific region or Region 0 so that it will play on any DVD Player. I'm hoping someone proves me wrong

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    thanks i will try. if was to give the disk to someone else who has a r2 dvd player how will they play it?