Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: OVH Seedbox & Fedora

fatcat69's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by barakokula View Post
    Great,thx for the speedy reply.

I've done all of that,changed default ports,removed root ....all of the things mentioned on this thread. All i have to now is close everything and leave those 3 ports open. But i must rest first.

edit: ok ,seems i have a problem. when i close vnc viever on my computer utorrent on wine also closes.

Also, when i type in 'wine utorrent' i get missing file error and i have to go to putty again and do wget . Although the utorrent.exe is on the seedbox(i see it through ftp,it's in /home).

Very strange,dunno what to do,what am i doing wrong.
    wine utorrent looks in your system32 folder, it should show where it is looking, what you do is log in via ssh ftp, copy the utorrent.exe in your program files and put the copy in that system 32 file. I had the same issue, then it should start fine. (it might bring up a bunch of text prior to starting, Im still trying to figure out what causes that, but utorrent seems to be working fine, so if it aint broken dont fix it attitude here lol

Not sure about the other error, make sure you just x out vnc window, and do not close windows within vnc.

2. BitTorrent   -   #112
    Bunny Hopper BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by barakokula View Post
    Great,thx for the speedy reply.

I've done all of that,changed default ports,removed root ....all of the things mentioned on this thread. All i have to now is close everything and leave those 3 ports open. But i must rest first.

edit: ok ,seems i have a problem. when i close vnc viever on my computer utorrent on wine also closes.

Also, when i type in 'wine utorrent' i get missing file error and i have to go to putty again and do wget . Although the utorrent.exe is on the seedbox(i see it through ftp,it's in /home).

Very strange,dunno what to do,what am i doing wrong.
    wine utorrent looks in your system32 folder, it should show where it is looking, what you do is log in via ssh ftp, copy the utorrent.exe in your program files and put the copy in that system 32 file. I had the same issue, then it should start fine. (it might bring up a bunch of text prior to starting, Im still trying to figure out what causes that, but utorrent seems to be working fine, so if it aint broken dont fix it attitude here lol

Not sure about the other error, make sure you just x out vnc window, and do not close windows within vnc.

If you say no when utorrent first start (the option to install it), the utorrent.exe will remain in your home folder forever.

3. BitTorrent   -   #113
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by naq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcat69 View Post

If you say no when utorrent first start (the option to install it), the utorrent.exe will remain in your home folder forever.
    Aahh, right, I had to keep loading up MC & navigating to the utorrent folder and double clicking.

See - learn something new every day

cheers,
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #114
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    I am also on ovh fedora and followed the leeware guide to install and run the utorrent but i am running out of space (its default by utorrent) so i think i need to change the default storing location but i have no idea how to do it as i dont use linux. So can please anyone help me step by step for it. I am using TightVnc and putty if it helps. Thanks

5. BitTorrent   -   #115
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    in utorrent, change your downloads location to:

/home

that will sort you out.

hehe, me offering nix advice

6. BitTorrent   -   #116
    thanks SgtMajor, it appears the problem is solved
    and what else have you done beside all this simple installation that helped you with your box, can you share.
    Thanks again for the help

7. BitTorrent   -   #117
    Read this whole thread, yes - all the way through! both fatcat & myself went through all the teething problems, when you find something that you would like to attempt, or you think you could need, and you are not sure what it is & why, then ask the questions.

What suits me, or fatcat, may not necessarily suit you.

8. BitTorrent   -   #118
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Read this whole thread, yes - all the way through! both fatcat & myself went through all the teething problems, when you find something that you would like to attempt, or you think you could need, and you are not sure what it is & why, then ask the questions.

What suits me, or fatcat, may not necessarily suit you.
    ya you might be lucky with ftp install like Sgt was, or you might have a mysterious problem that noone on the planet can figure out ...until naq comes along and saves the day.

He is putting together a full guide for pretty much every distro atm. I think all my questioning caused him to get off his lazy butt and do it

I have read what he has so far and pretty much it is basically what this whole thread has in it, except condensed very nicely for different distros. I am looking forward to the next copy he sends me to linux noob test before posting here!

9. BitTorrent   -   #119
    ok i am reading it now. just to inform you, i simultaneously downloaded two good seeded files from TL and my speeds were mostly in the range of 8-10.5 mbps. Yet to look for upload speeds though which is heavily leeched. What abt your speeds.

10. BitTorrent   -   #120
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzyjazzy View Post
    ok i am reading it now. just to inform you, i simultaneously downloaded two good seeded files from TL and my speeds were mostly in the range of 8-10.5 mbps. Yet to look for upload speeds though which is heavily leeched. What abt your speeds.
    Ive been uploading at about 9mb/s steady for most of the day.

(its bc the files are pretty large...)

This cheapo box is destroying my vectoral seedbox...like brutally murdering it.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast