Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: OVH Seedbox & Fedora

SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    1Gbp is not that much

http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/eg.xml

Now that I am the class expert, who knows??
    Yes Sir, I'm Right On It!!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    jam0980tr's Avatar jam cakes mmm Lovely
    hey am getting one too just done all the parts just waitting for there reply
    Last edited by jam0980tr; 02-24-2008 at 08:02 AM.
    Down-Speed Up-Speed
    Proud 2 Be a Member Of 0sec Tmp3

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    SgtMajor's Avatar Shut up u Lovely Boi BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by jam0980tr View Post
    hey am getting the Debian 4.0 just done all the parts just waitting for there reply
    hahaha

I'll let you play with mine if I can play with yours

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    fisherman's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +14BT Rep +14BT Rep +14
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    Update:

Downloading a DVD from TL at 6MB/S

Questions, questions, questions:

1. How do I re-run utorrent on the Kimi box? (I had to go through MC to double click on the utorrent exe), wine utorrent.exe says "module not found"

2. It has another drive, Z drive (dev/sda2), how do I navigate to that drive, create a directory (mkdir) Torrents and get utorrent to download the torrents there?

3. How do I get there (the Z Drive or dev/sda2) via WinSCP and drag them back to my PC thej delete the files/directory?

How do I file manage with utorrent & WinSCP basically?

Oh how a GUI has made us all lazy these days

Sometimes when u exit utorrent a try re-run it in wine it will say module not found..... the only solution I found for that was to download utorrent1.7.7.exe to ur actual xp or vista HD, now log into your server via Winscp and browse to the folder>> /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
    Drag the utorrent1.7.7.exe into the folder, now go back in to tightvnc and type >> wine utorrent1.7.7.exe and that will do the trick.

When u download ur files, by default they should end up in this folder>> /root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/uTorrent
    So just log in via Winscp, navigate to the folder and drag ur files to your hd and once it's complete just delete the file from your server.

Also be sure to clear your trash from time to time as it can clog up your hd so navigate to this folder >> /root/.local/share/Trash and delete all the files.

Seems like U got on a winner with this server SgtMajor, it sounds really good.
    Our revenge will be the laughter of our children - Bobby Sands

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtMajor View Post
    ok, so I got a freebie KimiSurf seedbox for 12 months!!

I choose Fedora distro based on a recommendation.

Does this guide still apply?

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-gui...through-169620

wtf do I start?

Not specifics (ok some!!), but more guides & walkthroughs would be appreciated.

And they've just limited the BW to 100000 Kbps for the freebies

Sarge glad It worked for you!!
    I just wish they would rent one to me
    But I live were they will not rent them.
    Hosting-Ie has me all messed up for a week now and can't use anything

6. BitTorrent   -   #36

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    NekohDot's Avatar "Designer/Producer" BT Rep: +1
    I just got in aswell

I'm just waiting on someone to come on msn to help me with it

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Hrvoje's Avatar mr. nice guy BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    what about us who chosed the windows installation. how about a quick guide oO?
    Need FTN,FSC

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by NekohDot View Post
    I just got in aswell

I'm just waiting on someone to come on msn to help me with it
    Good news

Did you ask someone or are you still waiting?

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman View Post
    Sometimes when u exit utorrent a try re-run it in wine it will say module not found..... the only solution I found for that was to download utorrent1.7.7.exe to ur actual xp or vista HD, now log into your server via Winscp and browse to the folder>> /root/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32
    Drag the utorrent1.7.7.exe into the folder, now go back in to tightvnc and type >> wine utorrent1.7.7.exe and that will do the trick.

When u download ur files, by default they should end up in this folder>> /root/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/uTorrent
    So just log in via Winscp, navigate to the folder and drag ur files to your hd and once it's complete just delete the file from your server.

Also be sure to clear your trash from time to time as it can clog up your hd so navigate to this folder >> /root/.local/share/Trash and delete all the files.

Seems like U got on a winner with this server SgtMajor, it sounds really good.
    Right - put a copy of the utorrent exe in that dir too, but it's running smooth at the moment, so I'll leave it running and hope it works the next ime I need it.

I moved the default folder to /home, which is where all the drive space is.

Made a note of the trash dir, thanks for the tip.

I also installed Midnight Commander (MC), Norton Commander lookalike for the oldies round here,

yum install mc

which runs perfect & in full screen via putty, and normal small screen in VNC, type the command mc to see what it does.

Why was I so hesitant all this time!

And I still do not like the utorrent screen yet, anyway to "drag" it into a full screen mode?

/me looks lovingly at their 1Gbps servers
    Last edited by SgtMajor; 02-24-2008 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    NekohDot's Avatar "Designer/Producer" BT Rep: +1
    Someone offered to help me set it up but i don't know what time zone there in so they might come on when im asleep.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast