Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: M&Ms ripoff

  1. #1
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,871
    So today I was thinking about manufacturing candy that closely resemble M&M's, but aren't. They would be circular chocolates with a thin candy shell, and they'd be called N&Ns.

    My question is, would I have my ass handed to me in court for my product's name?

  2. Lounge   -   #2
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Addicted to placebos
    Posts
    17,511
    I'm no lawyer cunt but..... As long as the logos were not similar and the packaging unique I think you might get away with it.
    Apologies if you get sent to jail and bum-raped.


  3. Lounge   -   #3
    AmpeD's Avatar the o'lol factor BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    771
    just do it.
    (plz don't sue me nike!)

  4. Lounge   -   #4
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by benchez View Post
    I'm no lawyer cunt but..... As long as the logos were not similar and the packaging unique I think you might get away with it.
    Apologies if you get sent to jail and bum-raped.
    Well, have a unique logo already...



    Now my only concern is that the ingredients are the same. Maybe I could fudge them a bit as well as the nutrition facts. FDA prolly won't notice, right?

  5. Lounge   -   #5
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,435
    Dude a million other companies beat you too it. I have some knockoff M and M's at home right now. They just come in a bag from my local mom-and-pop grocery store. They are the same exact things, without the M's on them. Half the price too lol.

  6. Lounge   -   #6
    mbucari1's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,871
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker View Post
    Dude a million other companies beat you too it. I have some knockoff M and M's at home right now. They just come in a bag from my local mom-and-pop grocery store. They are the same exact things, without the M's on them. Half the price too lol.
    Hmm, what about a rip-off of snickers? Could call it giggles.

  7. Lounge   -   #7
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    6,435
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker View Post
    Dude a million other companies beat you too it. I have some knockoff M and M's at home right now. They just come in a bag from my local mom-and-pop grocery store. They are the same exact things, without the M's on them. Half the price too lol.
    Hmm, what about a rip-off of snickers? Could call it giggles.
    Giggles?

    I'd buy them.

  8. Lounge   -   #8
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Addicted to placebos
    Posts
    17,511
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    Good work there. How long did you spend on that.


  9. Lounge   -   #9
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    -=U.S.A=-
    Posts
    2,450
    change each M&M to say N&N then i will congradulate you

  10. Lounge   -   #10
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    9,747
    Quote Originally Posted by mbucari1 View Post
    So today I was thinking about manufacturing candy that closely resemble M&M's, but aren't. They would be circular chocolates with a thin candy shell, and they'd be called N&Ns.

    My question is, would I have my ass handed to me in court for my product's name?
    No.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •