Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Newzbin invite please

I don't understand why it is so difficult to get an invite. It's not like I'm asking anyone to do anything illegal. Come on, help a guy out...lol.

2. Newsgroups   -   #172
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    The reason the site went to invite only was because fucktards would use fake credit card information to buy credits which resulted in great troubles for the site. Now that it's invite only, the inviter is responsible for the invitee. And it they cheat the site, both accounts get banned.

I for one have almost a years paid credit that I would lose, plus any trouble I would have to go through to start a new account.

So yea, it's a little hard to just hand out invites to people that only have three or four post.

3. Newsgroups   -   #173
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    I was lucky that a kind member here sent me an invite, but after joining I found that to do be able to do anything useful on the site you have to buy credits ($2.40 for 4 weeks). There are numerous other sites where those features are free. I may just have missed value of the site as I'm very new to usenet.

4. Newsgroups   -   #174
    malkman
    I also would like an invite, however two things may preclude this:

#1. This is my first post on the forums
    #2. I already pay for a binnews account. Is newzbin superior to binnews in any substantial way?

5. Newsgroups   -   #175
    I have been using Newzbin as a none member for some time. I always wanted to be a member, but now I NEED to be a member. Please, someone send me an invite.
    Thanks you

6. Newsgroups   -   #176
    same here ive been using that site for years to see the new releases. i could use an invite to

7. Newsgroups   -   #177
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I don't see the big deal with the site. I accepted an invite from a friend just to see what the fuss was about. But from what I've seen, everything you can find on the site you can find on other NZB sites. And for free.

I'm only a few months into Usenet, so I don't have the most experience yet. But am I missing something critical that makes Newzbin invites wanted so badly?

8. Newsgroups   -   #178
    wiggum99
    I think people like the site since it has a pretty simply format...easy to use. I used it when I first stepped into the newsgroup world, and I kind of got used to it. But I've been out of the scene for awhile, so it looks like the site is restricted to members only.

It'd be nice to be able to use the site to look at what's posted. Anywho, if anyone doesn't mind and if you're feeling extra nice, would it be possible to get an invite? Thanks!

9. Newsgroups   -   #179
    iv got a few zewzbin invites available, im looking for waffles invite..

10. Newsgroups   -   #180
    Poster BT Rep: +1

Cool

All gone, will post again once I have more.
    Last edited by torrentguy; 06-22-2008 at 09:03 PM.