View Poll Results: Souuld acct trades be allowed @ FST?

Voters
479. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

230 48.02%
  • No

249 51.98%
Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Thread: Should Acct trades be allowed here?

znik's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50BT Rep +50
    Spoiler: Show

squirr3l I think we all agree that account trading is much worse than invite trading.

If trackers wanted to control better invite trading, it would be easy for them to change the way they are offering invites to their members, or lock their invitation system altogether.

Let's assume that account trades were not allowed here.
    Would it really matter if someone offered an "its" with closed invitation system and didn't mention whether it was an account or invite?
    It would be pretty obvious that it would be an account, since there wouldn't be any invites and thus, violating the FST rules (apart from the trackers' rules)

Remember that trackers can easily track you down regardless if FST is a jungle or not, and that will be more possible if you piss them off and make them put all their efforts into that.

Not allowing account trades would be a decisive first step in the right direction. A gesture of good will towards the trackers in general (and not only those that came into an agreement) and I believe trackers wouldn't be ungrateful to that, since FST would take some load of work out of their shoulders. (and out of the shoulders of their middlemen )

(*) and we don't care if account traders would continue somewhere else.
    Do you really care for example if drugs are sold somewhere else or if they are sold within your house?
    Last edited by znik; 02-25-2008 at 01:05 AM.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #102
    grimms's Avatar Excuse Me? BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    If I were FST I would only allow request's from all fst members(Not a request for an account only an invite)after 3 months of being a member here(this will weave out all the non serious members and traders). Also have specific giveaway's approved by FST staff from BT staff only(Not members).

edit: good point znik about the drugs being sold.

Excuse Me?
    Didn't Think So!

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #103
    tusks's Avatar ¯\(°_o)/¯ BT Rep: +1
    I vote yes. I don't trade because I have no reason to but who cares if others trade? I don't think that banning it will change anything. I agree with squirr3l: Those who want to trade will trade. I'm sure already that there are plenty of people who belong to other trading communities and come here and say, "Oh gosh, I never trade, I'm a good guy" but in reality, they're off trading accounts on another forum. Banning trading here will just encourage trading in other places. So who cares?

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #104
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by fazzy07 View Post
    No

Recently I have lost a lot of respect towards fst and how their staff handles stuff

They pointed out that they dont care about the trackers which is really the base for fst

Well if they dont give respect they wont earn respect
    Wow how we handle stuff!? what "stuff" do you mean? Pleas be a bit more specific before throwing things around like this also the word "They" we are staff here and ALL have respect for other staffers but it doesn't always mean we agree

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #105
    1000possibleclaws's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    I don't at all support account trading, but i think we should be pro-choice so i voted yes. i think people should have the option to trade accounts without being warned.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #106
    psychophil's Avatar Member BT Rep: +2
    I agree with Grimms.
    Also I struggle with trades as really don't have any high level trackers to use in a trade.
    The Community is nothing without sharing !!!

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #107
    Poster BT Rep: +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85BT Rep +85
    I'm for allowing trading. However, PLEASE IN A SEPARATE FORUM (it's too confusing - why not separate section only for GA and another separate section only for trade?)

8. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #108
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    My 2 cents before i go to bed.

There are way to many bad reasons to list, on why giveaways/invite trading/account trading is a bad thing on a public forum.

But. shit happened and we have to deal with it, If FST took away the invite section, then another one would pop up in its place somewhere else.

I quite like this place, as a forum and a place to chat with like minded members and other staffers of torrent sites, and the staff from here as well.

I dont come here to go on a hunt for bad members every day.

But, if i see anyone doing something bad in regards to BCG, i will do my level best to find out who they are and ban them from my site.

The problem is with all of the above. The staff on these trackers are trusting you with an account or an invite, we believe your a good member, hence why you got the invite in the first place (or were invited by another good member).

If you then turn around and do the above on a public forum, it just doesnt look good to the staff of those trackers, as we think you should have better judgement than that.

But saying that, FST and similar sites are here to stay.

But.. if you do any of the above on here, and get your account disabled, dont come crying to the tracker staff, it was your fault for doing what you did on here (some trackers are stricter than others).

There also seems to be a lot more scamming going on these days. Remember if you cant change the Email or the Passkey on the account (and that includes BCG) DO NOT trade for it, as in all likely hood, you will get scammed, or disabled anyway. (some may slip through the net, but not many)

So do i think FST should Allow trading of accounts, No i dont.

But on the other hand, if they do keep them, and trackers end up banning a lot of members from here for doing it, then dont get pissed off at the tracker staff.

9. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #109
    Neo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    I totally agrre with what squirr3l has said. Having said this let me just add...

The point here is should FST have an invite forum at all.

I noticed that many that voted no also added " no trader here " and things like that. The issue that is really beeing debated here is if, in the end, we should give/trade invites/accounts at all.

Saying "trading accounts" is just a mild way of starting to get to the bottom of this cause we can't think of anything much worser than trading accounts, can we? It will even make a few of us that actually have rep points vote "no". It's clever.

But bear with me... if this is about tracker rules let´s not get hypocritical here. Most main trackers consider breaking their rules giving away invites. If you want to respect trackers rules you can't "half respect" them. Either you do or you don't. Any "half measure" is either a first stage to total banishement of the invite section ( which is, of course, what most members that voted 'no' want ) or just doesn't make any sense at all.

Now, if you told me that there was to be some kind of compromise between FST and tracker's staff that would be a totally different thing. At least the poll would make sense. If, for instance, banning the trading/giving of accounts would allow FST to have an invite forum without having tracker's staff all over it that would make some sense although I don't see how that could be guaranteed... Anyway, is there a formal compromise? Even only the start of something remotely close to a compromise?

What I am definitelly against is not knowing where we really stand... worse... where the FST staff stands on this and I can't see how a poll started under these circunstances can help us getting anywhere.

It seems that you guys are divided among those who believe that the best is to just give in to tracker's pressure and those who have a more commercial view on the issue and know perfectly well that every time we look at the main board half of the FST population is dwelling on the bitorrent section and that most of those are regular visitors of the invites sub-forum. IMHO, there is, unfortunatelly, no middle ground here ( unless something like I said above is actually possible)

I'm talking as an FST member debating an FST problem because I think that is what this really is. We can open another poll/thread if we want to discuss tracker's concerns.

10. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #110
    *If FST want some respect from tracker staff; it should respect trackers rules. a yes to the poll means a mid-finger pointing upward to the tracker rule and staff.
    *If this is forum is made venue for treading Acct. there is little different is this forum allow the discussion of cheat scrips and how best to cheat. Both break tracker rules and both lead to a ban.
    *This forum is a great place to learn about filesharing; don't spoil it by teaching people to break the rules. This forum gain nothing if acct threading is allowed; only more threaders and rule breakers. ie meaning problem. We will lost more than we gain.

U2VjdGlvbjQ3

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast